cinco minutos| diego lainez

diego pov

"dime cantinero tú sabes de penas a los cuantos tragos me olvido de ella." i slam my drink down. i fucked up. big time. i couldn't even believe myself. the look on her face when she opened the door haunted me.

~
"amor no es lo que parece." she looked at me with disappointment and disgust. i stood up quickly putting my shorts on as she turned her back to leave. i ran after her. i tried pulling her back.

"déjame, diego." her voice was stern. i felt my heart beating fast. she turned around to look at me. her eyes were stained in tears. "tu no sabes como me siento. después de decirte tantas veces que mi peor pesadilla sería estar en una relación donde no me aman."

i held her hand tightly. "si te amo. yo te amo te lo prometo." she laughs and pulls her hand away. "tu no me amas, diego. si me amaras. esto nunca hubiera pasado."
~

edson and memo were beside me trying to cheer me up. telling me it wasn't my fault but it was. it was all my fault. "seis años wey. estábamos juntos por seis años. y fui un pendejo. la amo pero la engañe." i take another sip from the bitter drink.

i was stupid. how could betray her like this. i deserve to die. she deserves more.

all i can think about is her. her gorgeous eyes that glistened whenever she talked about wanting to build a family together. her delicate fingers that would play with my hair as i told her about my troubles. her smile that would make my heart skip beats every time i saw it. her laughter that would make anyone laugh with her. all of the beautiful memories we had together. it hurt to imagine how she felt right now. i can't believe i really caused her pain. i'm such a dumbass.

~
i lay in her lap with my eyes closed as i felt her scratching my head. she was humming to her favorite song. it was calming.

"diego, como crees que serán nuestros hijos?" i open my eyes and am met with her looking down at me. "no se. pero quiero que tengan tu sonrisa." she laughed. "en serio amor. tú piensas que seremos buenos padres?" i nod my head. "claro que si amor. seremos los mejores padres. pero si tenemos niña voy a hacerme un papá celoso. por que mi niña va a estar hermosa como su madre."

she smiled and leaned down to give me a kiss. i closed my eyes enjoying her soft, sweet lips on mine. she pulled away and i kept my eyes closed. "amor me haces piojito otra vez porfa." she laughed and scratched my head again.
~

i stared blankly ahead. the only way i could see her now was in my dreams, my imagination. it's like she did everything to get away. my buddies tried to make me feel better but it just didn't work. i knew i screwed up loosing her. she was everything and more.

i got up from the bar stumbling on my step. i walked towards the door stumbling with each step. memo got up and tried stopping me. "déjame tengo que verla. tengo que rogarle. por que la amo." he held onto my uncooperative body before i fell to the floor. "wey lo voy a llevar a su casa. ya está pasado de copas." memo carried me out to his car. i slumped myself into the seat. i couldn't help but let a tear fall from my eyes. memo got inside the car and patted my shoulder.

"todo fue mi culpa. no la supe amar. ella se merece el mundo." i close my eyes and drift to sleep with my eyes still wet with tears.

~2 years later ~

i couldn't get her out of my head. i still love her. it's been two years and i still feel this way about her. i've tried to live my life but somehow she stayed in my mind. i've done everything to try and forget her but i can't. i screwed over the best love i had in my life.

i walked out to the field getting ready to practice. i tried to push myself more and try to forget her but any and everything reminded me of her. how she would bring drinks to practice for everyone. now every time i looked at the bleachers i just thought about how she would cheer me on.