mis ojos | gerardo arteaga

your pov

i look at myself in the mirror. my stomach was getting bigger. pregnancy was not pretty on me. i don't know if i should be happy or sad. it's been years since i've been this big. i was getting bad flashbacks. all of the bullying i had to go through. the backhand comments of people. "oh you would look so pretty if you lost some weight." "such a shame to have your face with that body." i could hear all of those words coming back. i wanted to feel pretty but i wasn't. three more months. i'll go straight to the gym after having my baby. everything should go back to normal. right?

gerardo came into the room and came up to me hugging me from behind. "como esta mi reina." he rubs my belly. "y mi princesa." i try to force a smile to hide the fact that i hated myself. he rubs my belly and places a single kiss on my shoulder. "no se te olvide que tenemos reservaciones para la cena. ya me voy o llego tarde al club." i nod. he grabs his bag and makes his way out.

i tried to make myself busy so i didn't think about looking at myself going as far as rearranging the plates and cups.

the waitress comes to take our order. immediately she gets more interested in what gerardo has to say then me. i know that wasn't the normal me. i know that i'm pretty but this pregnancy was taking back all the confidence i gained throughout the years. i looked at her. she was pretty. skinny, long hair, hazel colored eyes. she was perfect compared to me. my leg shook anxiously as i waited for her to roll her eyes to me to take my order. if i wasn't pregnant i would've confronted her for being such a bitch but i feel like if i did that now i would throw up.

gerardo looked at me and noticed something was wrong. his hand reached over the table and held mine. "estas bien amor? te sientes bien? no te duele nada." i shake my head and he lets out a relieved sigh. i quickly order and the girl takes our menu before leaving.

our dinner was normal i tried to set aside my feelings so that gerardo and i could have a good time and we did. we talked about our plans for when the nena is born. just our usual conversation. "y en unos años le damos un hermanito a la princesa." i look up a gerardo and purse my lips. his look immediately changes to confusion. "no quieres mas niños amor?" i stay quiet and at that moment the waitress comes with the check. she ignores me again and tells gerardo to call her. this was my last straw. i stood up and left. i heard gerardo call my name but i didn't want to turn around because i was so disgusted in myself.

how could he be with someone like me? he could be with someone better than me. he could leave at any moment. why me?

i get to the car and sit in the passenger seat. i stare into the darkness and i can feel all of my emotions building up. i can't help but cry. i put my hands to my face and sob into them quietly.

i hear the driver door open and gerardo asks me what was wrong. "estoy gorda gerardo. estoy fea. la muchacha te tiraba la onda toda la noche." i hear him chuckle i turn to him more angry than sad. "es chistoso? ve con ella pues." he shushes me and hugs me. "si te miraras con mis ojos. veras que eres la mujer mas hermosa de todo el mundo." i look up at him through tears. he smiles and wipes my tears. "me case contigo por que eres mi todo. crees que le voy hacer caso a una morra que me quiere por mi físico o dinero? no mi reina usted tiene mi corazón." my heart beats at his words. how could i ever doubt my man? how can i see what he sees in me? i love him so much. i could've just talked to him and he would understand.

a small smile fixes its way on my face and i lean in to kiss him. it was a sweet love filled kiss. one that i couldn't get anywhere else in the world. he pulls and and rests his forehead on mine. "te amo mi amor. tu eres mi todo."

buenas buenas!!! i dont really have much to say this time around. suggest who you want to see next i have a story planned and i have it as a diego story but comment if y'all want someone else. it can be anyone remember i'm doing people from the liga now.