flores | gael alvarez

gael pov

i look at her gorgeous face from afar. it's true that i was lucky to be loved by her. well at one point in time.

"a toast for the newly engaged couple."

i look at her as she smiles at her fiancé. he pulls her closer by the waist and steals a kiss. it feels like a dagger to the chest to watch.

i waited.

waited until she was alone. i found her by the fruit table and quickly saw my chance. i notice a work closet close by and it seemed like destiny was placing these chances for me.

she smiles at me and greets me. her innocence almost makes me rethink my choice. maybe i shouldn't do this- no i need to do this. i reach for her hand quickly.

i open the door pulling her inside with me. "gael que haces?" i don't listen to her. the dark room lighten by only the light shining through the curtains. i got closer to her. i could feel my heart racing. i looked at her and gently caressed her cheek. "no te cases por favor."

her brows furrowed in confusion. soon after she rolled her eyes, reaching for the door. "estas loco." was all she muttered under her breath. i couldn't let her go. not again. i grabbed her arm stopping her before she could open the door. "te amo." i lean in to kiss her but she moves her head. "gael es muy tarde para eso y tú sabes bien que esto nunca funcionará. por yo ya no estoy enamorada de ti. yo lo amo a el. amo a javier."

i was at a loss for words. i knew this would happen all too well but i thought it didn't hurt to try. i shouldn't have. i should've remained composed, should've left the party. now i knew the face of betrayal. she looked at me so harshly. i left. it's all i could do. all i felt was right.

~

your pov

i shake my head, sighing as i sign for the flowers. i no longer have to read the card. i knew it would say "en este día te perdí. en este día javier gano. felicidades a los dos." this was a yearly event. my husband learned to accept it. in the end he had won. plus the flowers were for the both of us.

i carried the big vase to my altar for the virgin mary and set the flowers there. this was their home until they withered away peacefully. she cared for them and hopefully him too.

even if i had the chance to go back i would choose the same outcome. i love my husband deeply and would not change it for a thing. now i love my husband and my children. mariana and javier. my two wonderful kids. named after the most important people in my life.

hola hola hola!!! a little angst for my babies. i've had a major writer's block and i don't know why. so i'm happy anytime i finish a story no matter how short it is. i hope y'all enjoyed this one. up next is julian araujo.