*regalo |edson alvarez

your pov

i look at myself in the mirror. damn i look good. i look down at the slit on my dress hoping it wasn't too revealing. "edson amor me ayudas por favor!" i see him rush in and stop at the door.

today was an important day for my husband. we would be going to the premios because edson was nominated for an award. i was more than happy for edson and i knew that he worked hard for this.

he looked at me from the doorway. "y si no vamos." i look at him shocked. "que mensadas dices edson." he walked closer to me and kissed my bare shoulder. "no quiero que te vean así de hermosa." i laugh as he zips up the zipper. i turn around and grab him by the waist pulling him closer. "no mi amor. tenemos que ir. tienes que representar a los mexicanos. estoy segura de que ganaras. y cuando ganes tengo un regalito para ti." i kiss him and smile through it. i love this man to death.

with my hands still around his waist i take the chance and slap his butt. he looks at me annoyed. "no te enojes amor. esas tortitas son solo para mi." he laughed at me and told me to just get in the car.

i look at the elegant venue. this was incredible and we haven't even stepped foot inside yet. edson gets off and then helps me off. i held onto edson as we walked by a group of photographers and journalists. they kept throwing questions at edson in all different languages i heard some in dutch, english, and even spanish. edson tried his best replying to them and then we continued walking.

once inside they showed us to our spots and we sat down. "como que llegamos temprano no amor?" i nod and look at the little handful of people around us.

"mira este wey es de un equipo rival." i see edson rolling his eyes as he nods his head towards the direction of a tall guy coming our way. the guy hand dirty blonde hair and a wide smirk on his face. he looked annoying. no pos este wey le ha de cagar a todos.

the guy gets closer and he looks me up and down before saying something to edson in dutch. i felt edson tense up beside me "y este que dice amor?" i feel his grips on my waist get tighter before he says something back to the guy in dutch. i didn't understand anything so i just stared at edson. i could see his face was getting red and he looked like he was about to knock the guy out. i saw him close his fist and i knew something was about to happen. i grab his hand and place my hand over it.

"amor este no es el lugar. no vayas ha empezar una pendejada." he looks at me and nodded. he replied something else to the guy. he scoffed and left.

"que le dijiste amor?" i look at edson confused because i did not know dutch. a smug look played on his face. "nada amor no es importante." i look at him and narrow my eyes before ignoring it.

it didn't take long before people started arriving and the place filled up. i'm so glad we got here early. they started the ceremony and everything was going by really fast. thankfully everything was in english so we could understand for the most part.

when it got to the award edson was nominated for i felt my stomach twisting. if i was nervous i can't imagine how he felt. i held onto his hand as a picture of him was shown on the tv when showing the nominees. i notice the one after him and realize it was the guy from earlier. great. that fucker was nominated too. i held edson's hand tigheter.

"and the award goes to....... edson alvarez." my eyes go wide and i can feel a huge smile on my face. i turn and see his shocked face. he gives me kiss before standing up and going on stage to collect his award. i admire him from the seats. "i would like to thank my parents for supporting me in my career and my amazing wife that has been there for me every step of the way. los amo. and i would also like to say viva mexico cabrones!" i laugh at him and feel small tears falling from my eyes. i was so happy for him. he walked off the stage and came back to sit down. "estoy muy orgullosa de ti amor." i kiss him again and smile. "mira como le quedo el ojo al guerro." he laughs and kisses me again. "te amo amor." i smile and look at his trophy. he's worked really hard and i am more than proud for him.