Chapter 1: Wonderland

I could hear the footsteps pounding on the floor in a harsh manor, the boots clanking against the hard tile. It neared my room as I could hear the chains rattling meaning I was bound to get unlocked from my cavern.

The door swung open with a loud squeaky sound it made. I turned to see two of my best friends forever after. Alistair Wonderland and Bunny Blanc.

"Alistair! Bunny! You finally came!" I whispered, but only loud enough for them to hear. I jumped from my bed and ran over towards them as I seized them in a hug.

"Yeah, and now we're going to get you out of here." Alistair said as he gave me a gentle smile. You see, the plan here was to get me out of the Red Queen's castle, because she had locked me up during every night by six o'clock as that was my curfew. I didn't abide to those set of rules. Or any set of rules.

I was a rule breaker.

I thoughts rules were just nonsense, as I didn't exactly agree to those terms. It was odd because I was going against my mother's wish. I wouldn't consider myself a rebel, just a rule breaker, which wasn't right to be a suitable queen like she is.

Looking past that, Alistair, Bunny, and I made a run for it out of the castle and into the maze of red rose bushes. We didn't bother looking back because we knew no one would be after us, unless it was one of the Red Queen's cards.

We ran towards our next adventure as we would go exploring, but pulling Bunny along in the right direction because she would constantly get herself lost.

"Where to next, guys?" I huffed out as we didn't slow down from our run.

"We're actually going to see my mother!" Alistair spoke. I nodded as I kept up my quick pace. Bunny shifted into her rabbit form as she ran side by side with me and Alistair.

"Cool! I just hope she doesn't asks about my mom again. She knows that I don't know when she'll ever come back for me. Ugh, parents. . ." I said as I playfully rolled my eyes.

My mother was in Ever After High. She went through the portal and left me behind here in Wonderland. She even had plenty of time to come for me years ago before the portals were closed, yet she never did. She just left me here. Once she was gone along with nearly everyone else, I was forced to stay with my aunt, the Red Queen since then.

I shook my head vigorously at the memory, not wanting to think about it. It only brought up bad memories. I looked back up at Alistair as his face was expressed with determination. He was so lucky. He got to be with his mother and be happy together. And, so did Bunny. They both had their families together. I wasn't jealous, no. Just depressed. All because my mother left me.

Izzy, stop thinking about it! Ugh, why is this so hard?

"Now, as Isabella thought about how her life was so difficult without her mother, --" the male narrator started talking.

"She was depressed about it for many years that came by and could only rely of what was left of her friends." The female narrator finished.

"Will you two please shut up! Like you're making it any easier!" I shouted as I stared up at the sky as I came to a complete stop.

"Are you talking to the narrators again?" Alistair asked as they had also stopped running also. I saw him smirk at me as if this was only a game. I only sighed, knowing they wouldn't understand such complexity.

"Just don't bother," I grumbled as I shrugged my shoulders. I kicked a pebble out of my way as I crossed my arms, walking away from the two to sit by at the creek.

"What's wrong?" Bunny asked as she walked up to me. I sighed in aggravation as I collapsed on the ground with my legs criss crossed. I looked away from them as I stared into the clear water.

I felt a strong arm engulf me from the side and I didn't have to turn around for I knew who it was. I just rested my head on Alistair's chest as I felt my eyes tearing up.

"Is it your mom?" Alistair asked me and I just nodded my head. I shut my eyes as the tears rolled down my cheeks. "Do you miss her?" I sniffled a short sob as I nodded once again.

"You just have to think positive!" Bunny said with a smile as she tried to reassure me, but that just made me feel worse.

"You don't understand," I said. "You still have your parents who loves you with all your hearts. My mother left me. . ."

I felt Alistair comforting me by rubbing my back gently. I sighed against him as I sat back up to face them.

"I'm sorry about that," I mutter as I rubbed away the tears under my eyes.

"It's okay. You just miss her." Alistair said. I nodded my head knowing he was right about that.

Of course I missed my mother. I thought she would love me and take care of me. I guess not after all.

"So, ready to go see Alice?" Bunny questioned as she raised her eyebrows. With a nod, we all stood up and headed towards her house.

¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?

As the morning rolled by, Alistair, Bunny, and I settled out for tea made by Alice as we had stayed the night over.

When we had finished, we all went for our walks around Wonderland as we would do that on a daily basis. But, we often get caught by the Red Queen's cards. Just like we so happened to do today. This was a constant continuum from day to day.

I was forced back inside of my locked room that felt exactly like a cage. It was horrific to be sent here everyday constantly. I didn't like this at all as I had no free will to do anything that I wanted.

Alistair and Bunny got to at least do what they wanted every now and then. I wasn't. It was completely bias. I just wanted to do what I wanted to do without being forced against my will.

I was always bored if I wasn't around my friends. There was hardly anything to do here in my room. My room was filled with so many books and novels from top to bottom but I've read them all at least four times.

I wanted to escape this retched place and be with my friends in piece where a red card wouldn't catch us wandering around and take us back to the red Queen of hearts.

I found it quite aggravating to be locked in here with barely anything to do. I wanted to do something. Anything. I was so bored that it was killing me.

With a sigh, I collapsed on my bed in annoyance. I only ended up thinking about Ever After where my mother and the rest of my Wonderland friends are. I wonder if they missed me at all?

Hi! Just a reminder to don't forget to vote! Thank you for all your love and support! ❤️