Chapter 6

Lorenzo pov

After l finished with, you know my special guest*smirk*. Let's say she didn't take the treatment well. She was very badly injured due to the physical torture she got.When l finished with her, l let her leave.

I know you might be thinking,'Why on earth would l let her leave? What if she tells someone'

Well, I know for sure that she won't because l told her that l have eyes everywhere, which is partially true, and she knows better than to go against me.

NO ONE AND I MEAN NO ONE MESSES WITH MY DAUGHTER.

I arrived at home around midnight, and I'm sure Rose is already asleep by now.

Upon arriving there, l saw Marco in the living room drinking alcohol.

"Hey man, you good,"l asked

"Yeah,"he replied

"How was my girl? she didn't trouble you, did she?"l asked

"No, she was a darling. l got to know more about her anyway. Did it go well?"he asked, and l knew to well what he was referring to.

"Yeah, it did. anyways goodnight, man, l'm tired. You can stay the night if you want, "l said, going to my room but not before checking on Rose and kissing her forehead and checks.

It's been a week since Evelynn died, and since l got my daughter.

I decided to make funeral preparations for her, l loved her, and l know l might sound crazy since l saw her once, but it's true l have never fallen in love with any woman before. l tried looking for her after that night, but to know that she died, it hurt. It truly hurts so much, but l know l must be strong for my daughter.

Today is the day of the funeral, and we are heading off to De Luca's burial ground. Yeah, l decided to bury her near my parent's grave.

Rose has been quite all the way to the funeral, and it scares me, but l didn't force her to talk.

"Today, we gathered her to say our last goodbye to Evelynn Romano. She left behind her beautiful only daughter, Valentina Rose De Luca. You may all say your speeches, "the pastor said

"My name is Emily, and Eve was my friend. we worked together and have known each other for 4 years. She was a kind, loving, and caring person she was a very good mother and a good friend. We will miss you, Eve. may your soul rest in peace."

It went on and on people giving their speech until l decided to give mine but not before l gave Val who was crying silently to Marco.

"I don't have much to say since l have only known Evelynn for a short time, but from what l know, she was a beautiful and loving lady. I'm so thankful for her for having and taking care of our precious daughter. I loved her so much, and l will continue loving her she will always be in my heart, and l promise to take care of our daughter. May your soul rest in peace, "l said my speech before going and taking my daughter, who was choking on her crys from Marco.

It broke my heart to pieces seeing my daughter like this.

After the funeral, we went back home with my daughter, still crying silently on my chest.

Upon arriving at night, l picked her up and went to my room, l tucked her inside the blanket.

"Please don't cry, Rose. l can't bear seeing you like this,"l said softly to hear.

"I miss her dad. l miss my mommy so much,"she said

"I know you do baby, she is always with you even though you can't see her she will always be in your heart, and she wouldn't want to see you sad, so stop crying, yeah?" She nodded

"Here, drink this,"l said, giving her water.

After she finished drinking, l went inside the blanket, pulled her, and cuddled her to my chest.

"Go to sleep, baby goodnight."

"Goodnight to you too, dad, I love you,"she said

"I love you too, sweetie." I smiled.

______________________