Chapter 31

Val's pov

Melvin dropped me in front of the huge school entrance and set off back home. This school is huge, I wonder if I will be able to find the principal's office to collect my schedule. If only Hayley was here, maybe she could've helped me, but I second that.

I looked around at the many students who went through the entrance to see if I could maybe spot a familiar face. To my disappointment, I saw none. I signed and decided to just ask a random person.

"Excuse me," I called out to a brown haired boy who was laughing on a phone call and was about to walk past me. 

He stopped and turned to look at me.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" I said.

"Alia, I will talk to you later. Bye." he said to the person on the other side of the call before he dropped the call.

"Hi, Are you perhaps new here, cause I don't remember seeing you around the school." 

"Yes, I'm a new transferred student,"

"I knew it because I would have surely remembered that beautiful face if I've had seen you somewhere. But...it's kind of strange though because our school rarely accepts new students."

"By the way, you said you wanted to ask me something, right?" he continued

"Oh, yeah, do you mind showing me the way to the principal's office, I need to go and collect my schedule."

"Yea, sure, I will take you there, let's go, I don't want you to get late for the first period on the first day of school" he said and he walked to what I assumed was the way to the principal's office and I followed him.

"My name is Nicholas, but you can call me Nick, just like my other friends. What's yours?"

"Val, short for Valentina"

"That's a pretty name, for a pretty girl," that's so cliché.

After some time, we finally arrived at the principal's office.

We went inside after we heard a come in, from the other side of the door.

"Good morning ma'am" Nick said to the older woman, who I assumed was the principal of this school.

"Nicholas? How can I help you?"

"Actually, ma'am, I'm not the one who wants help, I just brought a new student here cause she did not know the way." The principal was confused at first until her eyes landed on me.

"Oh, dear, I'm sorry I did not notice you," she said as she gave me a genuinely apologetic smile.

"It's okay ma'm," I gave her a small smile.

"Anyways, let me not waste your time. Is your name Valentina?" she asked as she looked through the piles of paper on her desk.

"Yes."

"Take, this is your schedule," she said. I took the schedule from her hand and thanked her.

"Now you both go to class, or you will be late," 

"Let me see your schedule," Nick said after we exited the principal's office

Maths
Physics
*lunchtime*
History
English
*afterschool*

"Mm, what a coincidence. It looks like we have the first two classes together."

"That's a relief," I said. I'm saved from looking for my classes alone.

The moment we went inside the classroom, all eyes went to us.

'Are we some kind-of celebrities or what? Why don't people just learn to mind their own business?'

I thought to myself.

"Nicholas, mind giving us a detailed reason why you are late to my class? And who is the girl next to you?" Mr Ladd, the maths teacher, said.

"Sir, she is a new student, I met her at the school entrance and showed her to the principal's office." Nick said.

"Okay, Nickolas, you may go sit down, whilst your friend introduces herself." Nick nodded at me and gave me a smile before he went to sit down.

"Um... Hi, my name is Valentina," I said. I didn't want to say my surname cause I didn't want any unwanted attention and fake friends.

"Okay, Valentina, go and sit down." 

I sat down at the back of the classroom near the window. I know right, that's the best spot to sit at, away from all prying eyes and the unwanted attention.

**********

The siren rang, indicating that it was now lunchtime. 

"Hey, wanna tag along, or..., wait, you don't even know where your locker is, ayt?" Nick said.

"Let me see your schedule. Wow, you have 2 lockers?Your main locker is on the 6th floor, and the other is on the 5th floor. Your main locker is where the fearless four's lockers are, and that's also their base, where they are usually found. No one has ever had two lockers, though. I think that was actually not called for"

"Huh? Fearless four? Two lockers? And what's so special about the lockers on the 6th floor?" I asked, confused.  I mean for as far as I know the lockers in this school are only on the 4th and 5th of the school. Why is mine on the 6th?.

"Wait before I answer your questions. Which locker are you gonna use?"

"I will use the one on the 5th floor,"

"Okay, let's go. My locker is also on the 5th floor, which we are already on," he said, and we went to our lockers to put our stuff.

_________________________

Hey, my lovely readers🥰

Vote and comment😊🫶