Chapter 44

Val's pov

I sat down on the floor of my room behind my bed as I cried. It's been so long since I saw my mom, and today, Charlotte brought her up.

I wish dad was here. I looked at the locket that was on my hand before opening it. There, inside, it was a picture of my mom and I.

(A/n: the above pic is the one that was inside the heart locket)

I miss you, mom. I miss u so much, I miss our moments together. You know, I always wondered what it would have been like if you were here with me and dad. Why did you leave me, mom? Was it because you were tired of me and you did not love me, just like Charlotte said? But it can't be true, right? I know it's not true. It can't be.

I need someone to talk to right now. Dad is busy, Eve wouldn't understand me, and the only person left is him.

I stood up and took my phone, which was on my bed.

Emilio's pov

"Hey, you heard there is a party this Saturday?" Adrian asked. Right now, we were in my penthouse.

"Of course, it is hosted by Jayden's other girl called Meggy or something," Lucian said.

"It's Melissa, you idiot," Jayden said.

"Whatever you say." Lucian rolled his eyes.

"Anyway, are we going to be joining the party?" The prince boy asked.

"Well, of course, I mean, why not right, boss?" Jayden asked, looking at me.

"No me importa lo que ustedes hagan mientras no se mezcle con mis asuntos," I said in Spanish.

T:I don't care what you do as long as it doesn't get mixed up with my affairs,

"Okay, so it means we are going then." Lucian said.

"Boss, our warehouse in Greece got destroyed." Matteo came from where I don't know.

"Что!? " I shouted angrily. The boys were also frightened the moment they saw me angry.

T:What

"B-boss t-t-the..." Matteo said, stuttering.

"«Знаешь, мне не нравятся люди, которые заикаются, Маттео, так что не испытывай мое терпение. Скажи мне, кто это сделал." I calmly said using my dangerous voice, which people were scared of.

T:You know, I don't like people who stutter, Matteo, so don't test my patience. Tell me who did it.

"The Swedish mafia, they are the ones who blew the warehouse"

"Я хочу, чтобы ты поймал там лидера за три дня, я собираюсь показать этому ублюдку, что..." I said before I was cut off by my phone ringing.

T:I want you to catch the leader in three days, I'm going to show that bastard that...

I looked at my phone, which was beside me, and when I saw the caller ID, my mood turned 100 degrees.

It read Mi amor❤️. I instantly picked up the call.

"Hey angel," I said, and I could tell that the boys and Matteo were shocked to see my mood and voice changing.

"Hi." She said, and almost immediately I could tell she had been crying. Knowing that my girl has been had me wanting to know the person who made her cry so that I can rip their hearts out with my bare hands.

I looked at the boys and Matteo and signaled them to get out of my office. They walked out, but not before Jayden gave me a smirk.

"Angel, why are you crying?" Since I can hear that she was crying, I didn't ask if she was crying. Rather, I asked her the reason why she was crying.

" I missed her, Em. I miss my mom. I know it sounds stupid for me to tell you, but I just..."

"It's not stupid, you can tell me anything at anytime you want."

"Em? Do you think I was a burden to my mother that's why she died? Was it because she did not love me?"

The moment she said that I understood what had happened. As far as I remember her from our childhood she had always thought that her mother died because she was a burden to her.

"Angel I told you before that your mother loved you so much, if she didn't love you she would have gave up on you before you were even born, she has never thought of you as a burden, the reason she died was because it was her time to. Now tell me, who made you think that your mother did not love you angel?"

"C-harlotte, she said my mother never loved me" she said sniffing. That fucking old woman, how dare she make my girl cry.

"She was just sprouting nonsense. Now I want you to wipe your tears and go to sleep. Remember your mother loves you so much and she is always looking at you from above."

"Thank you Em and Goodnight" she said.

"Goodnight mon amour" I said in french since I knew she wouldn't understand.

"What's mon amour?" She asked.

"You will know some other day just go to sleep" I said that before she hummed and dropped the call.

This Charlotte lady needs to be dealt with, I wonder if Mr De Luca knows about the deeds of this lady but I guess he doesn't because if he knew, he would have done something to teach her a lesson.

I stood up from my office chair and walked out of my office. I walked downstairs to the living room were I'm sure the boys were.

The moment I arrived in the living room I sat down on a couch ignoring their gazes at me.

"You guys have something to say" I asked once I sat down.

"Of course we have plenty of things to Jayden said.

"Who is angel?" Adrian asked

"Who is the angel who could change your mood so fast" Lucian asked

"Boss I never thought I will live to see the day you talk to a girl nicely, I guess God heard my prayers" Jayden dramatically said.

"Who told you that angel was a girl?" I asked Jayden.

"It's obvious it's a girl, I mean is there a boy who can be called angel?"

"Who angel is, is non of your businesses so let's get back to the topic we were talking about before I got a call" I said looking at Matteo who was silently behind me.

"So Matteo, as I said, I want the leader to be caught in about 3 days, I will show that motherfucker that he messed with the wrong person"

"Okay boss"

"Now you can go back to the warehouse and start looking for him" I said that and he turned to leave.

"Boss can you atleast give me a hint of who angel is?" Jayden said and I sent him a harsh glare.

"Let's forget that I said that" he said.

__________________________

Vote and Comment🥰😊

What do you think about this chapter?