Chapter 39

Val's pov

"I forgot my phone upstairs. Will you please come with it and be quick, or we will be late to school?" I heard Eve shouting downstairs. I was in my room preparing myself for school.

"I will be there in a jiffy," I said.

I looked at myself in the window again to see if I was presentable enough to go to school.

My face was fine without makeup, my hair was in a messy bun, and my uniform was fine also. I think I'm ready now, so I took my backpack along with Eve's phone before going downstairs.

"You surely took all the time in the world just like always to prepare yourself," Eve said once she saw me walking down the stairs. I rolled my eyes at her.

"Oh please, you shouldn't be the one talking cause you know very well I'm better than you. It's just today that you finished before me because I woke up a little later. " I said.

Normally, it's always her that it takes a lot of time to prepare herself cause she puts on makeup, does her hair, and she is picky when it comes to clothes to wear.

"Whatever. Did you bring my phone?"

"Yeah, here it is," I said, putting it on her outstretched palm.

"What did you do for breakfast?"

"Your uncle made salmon toasts and protein shakes for us. I already ate mine, and yours are in the kitchen, " she said, and with that, I put my backpack down on the couch and went to the kitchen to eat my breakfast.

"Where is uncle ," I said, sipping my protein shake.

"He said I should tell you that he went back home to his wife," she said, shrugging and standing up from the couch.

"And Hayley?" I asked.

"I haven't seen her this morning. Maybe she is still asleep. " she said. That would not be surprising at all.

"Oh, okay, let's get going then," I said, putting on my backpack.

We got inside the car and set off to school with Eve's car, Eve was the driver.

******

"Did you hear that he came to school today?"a girl said to the other

"Yes, I saw him with the others this morning,"

"Oh my god, I can't believe it,"

"If only I could get close to him,"  another  girl said dreamly.

"Who are they talking about?" Eve asked the question that was on my mind.

"I'm just as clueless as you," I said as we walked past the dreamy girls to our first class.

"Bro, I'm scared, I don't want to mess with that devil."we heard Spenser, the biggest playboy of this school, talking as we walked into the class.

"Same," his friend Darren said.

"Oh look, who is here, Spencer?" another one of Spencer's friends said as he noticed us getting into the class.

"Oh well, hello, beautiful," he said, walking towards me as I sat on my seat, which was near the window at the back while Eve sat on the one that was beside me.

" You look stunning as always, you know, we could make a pretty good couple," he said, and I just ignored him.

I don't waste my time on useless people.

After some time, everyone was already seated on their seats, and the teacher was starting to teach.

" Everly, can you tell us the dual purpose served by deoxyribonucleoside triphosphates in polymerisation?" Ms Wilson, our biology teacher, asked Eve, who woke up due to her name being called.

"Um..." she said, looking at me wide-eyed.

I took a piece of paper and wrote the answer for her.

"If you fail to answer this questions, I'm sending you to detention afterschool," Ms Wilson said.

"Acts a substrate, and they provide energy from the terminal two phosphates." Eve said, reading from the piece of paper that I was holding secretly.

"That's correct. Now, let's wrap up on what we learned today before the lesson ends."

After 15 minutes of doing a wrap-up, the siren rang, and we went out of biology class to our next lessons. I was going to history, and Eve was going to attend English.

"You are a life saver Val, no wonder why I love you so much, if it wasn't for you again, I would have been given a detention, I wonder what I would do without you my angel." Eve dramatically said.

"Of course I know, I'm an awesome angel. Without me, you wouldn't be able to breathe, " I said, matching her energy.

We became serious and looked at each other before busting into laughter. People who walked passed us looked at us as if we were crazy but we didn't give a fuck at all.

"Bye Vall, I will see you at lunch," she said, and we went our separate ways.

I walked passed many people as I went upstairs to the fifth floor where my locker was.

I opened my locker and put the books I was holding inside. I looked for my history books before remembering that I put the on my second locker, which was on the 6th floor.

'What the hell was I even thinking, now I have to go upstairs again, I will surely be late for the history class' I thought to myself.

I went upstairs, and I noticed that there were only a few people here and there on the 6th floor, unlike on the other floors.

I walked to where my locker was before opening it and taking my history books.

_________________________

Vote and comment ❤️