Chapter 37

Val's pov

"Come in," Eve said to the person who was knocking on the door of my room.

"Where is the young miss?" I heard Marian's voice ask after the door opened.

"She is in the closet, changing," Eve responded

"Okay, I was told to come call you guys downstairs,"

"Yes, sure, we will be there," Eve said, and after a few seconds, I heard the door closing.

When I was done changing into my pajamas, I went out of the closet.

"Let's go," I told Eve since she had already  changed. We went downstairs to the dining room.

Uncle Marc, Charlotte, and surprisingly Hayley were already seated. I sat down beside the empty chair of my dad, which was on my left, and Eve sat next to me on my right.

"Le puttane hanno deciso di farsi vedere eh," Hayley said

T:"The whores decided to show themselves, eh

"Vaffanculo" I replied.  Eve looked at me confused cause she couldn't understand what we were saying.

T: fuck you

She rolled her eyes at me.

"Uncle Marc, dad hasn't arrived yet?"

"Oh about that, he told me he had to go to Russia for a meeting, it was not planned and unexpected it happened so fast so he couldn't say goodbye to you. He told me that he would call you once he landed in Russia. He will be back in 2 weeks' time, "Uncle Marc said.

"Oh," I said, dejected.

"And why am I not told that?" Charlotte asked uncle Marc.

"I'm just doing what Lorenzo told me to do and he never told me to tell you anything" Uncle Marc said.

"I think you are forgetting that I'm his wife, and in his absence, I rule this house,"

"That's not true, but whatever, let me save my breath," Uncle Marc remarked

"You.. who do you think you are?"

"I don't think rather I know that I'm Marco."

"Anyways, kids, let's dig in, shall we?" Uncle Marc said to Eve and I.

We happily finished our food, and we went to help Mace one of our maids to wash the dishes.

"You don't need to do this miss,please stop" Mace said trying to stop Eve and I from washing the dishes.

"It's okay Mace, we just want to help" I said

"Ma'am, if your father comes to know that we let you wash the dishes, he is noylt going to spare us, please understand "she tried to reason.

"Don't worry, I will tell him that I insisted."

She was hesitant but, nonetheless, agreed for us to help her with the dishes and cleaning the kitchen.

"Thank you so much, Valentina and your friend Everly, right?" Eve nodded.

"You're welcome, Mace, and please, I told you not to call me Ma'am."

"I keep on forgetting that,"

"Goodnight, Mace," I said before going to the living room with Eve beside me to my Uncle Marc.  I was sure we were going to find him there.

We arrived inside the living room and found Uncle Marc seated on a couch typing on his MacBook.

"Uncle Mark?" I called him. He turned to look at me confused.

"Yes? Is everything okay? " he asked.

"Yeah, everything is fine, we just came to say goodnight," I said, and Eve nodded to show she agreed with what I was saying.

"Okay, goodnight to you too, girls." He stood up and gave me a hug and a kiss in the forehead he also gave a hug to Eve.

We went out of the living room to my room.

"Is he your other uncle?" Eve asked as we walked to my room.

"He is actually my dad's best friend, so I treat him as my uncle."

"He's a very good person,"

"Yeah, and sometimes he can be funny," I said.

We went inside my room and prepared myself for my night routine.

I did my night routine with Eve tagging herself, which is NOT surprising at all.

Immediately after we finished the routine, my phone rang. I sat down on my bed, picked up my phone, and checked the caller ID only to find out that it was Nick who was calling.

"Who's calling?" Eve asked.

"It's Nick,"

"Why is he calling so late at night?" She asked as I picked up the call. Eve sat down next to me to listen to the conversation.

"Hello?"

"Hey Val, it's me, Nick,"

"I know that. Why are you calling so late in the night?"

"I wanted to ask if Alia is with you,"

"Alia? No? Why would she be with me?"

"I don't know, if she is not with you, is she maybe with Everly?"

"Nope, she is not with me bro" Eve said.

"Eve?"

"Yes, that's me in the flesh." Eve said.

"Okay, bye, will talk on Monday, just have to look for my girlfriend."

"Wait.. did you check her at her house?" I asked

"No, I know she is at her home, I just wanted to disturb you, I was bored,bye," he laughed and dropped the call.

"What the fuck, how can someone be so stupid." Eve said.

"He did this on purpose to play dirt with us. Don't worry. Two can play this game." I smirked evilly.

"Will you stop with that smirk? It's so creepy and scary," Eve said.

__________________________

Vote and Comment🥰