Chapter 22

Lorenzo's pov

"You know l have never liked your dad"Marc said. Right now we were in the living room.

"You and me both bro, you and me both"l said truthfully.

I never talked about my parents but l will today to make you understand. We used to live in Russia me, my mom and dad but our home country was Italy. My mom and dad were very nice, loving and caring parents. They loved each other a lot. After my mom died my father changed completely to an abusive dad, he beat me until l bleed everyday. He became a drug addict a useless father and his company dropped. When l turned 18 l moved out and lived alone. I started my own multiple businesses and they were successful. I became a billionaire at the age of 18 and l moved back to my home country away from that useless father of mine.

And now, now after all these years he decided to show up when Rose was 9yrs old telling me to marry a bitch.

Flashback

3yrs ago

I was in the office with Marco before someone badged inside it.

And in came someone l never thought l will see again my useless father Roger.

"Sorry sir we tried to stop him"Lisa my assistant said.

"It's okay you may leave"l said dismissing her

"What brings you here 'Roger' " l said emphasizing Roger my father's name

"Is that a way to greet your father"he said looking at me.

"And who said you were my 'father'"l asked him looking straight into his eyes.

"Anyways get to the point what do you want l don't have all day"l said

"I want you to marry Mike Dean's daughter"he said and l looked at him like he was from another planet even Marco has the same look.

"Are you nuts or something there's no way l'm going to do that"l said

"Yes you will especially when it involves your daughter"he said and l was already chocking him after he finished that sentence rage building inside of me.

"What did you say" l asked him

"I -I c-a-n't b-b-re-a-th"he said chocking on his breath so l released him and he fell down gasping for air.

"ANSWER ME"I shouted

"Marry *cough* Mike Dean's daughter *cough* or your daughter dies we..."he didn't get to finish because Marco punched him square on the face.

"Lool at the pictures l have eyes on every move she makes one call and she dies"he handed me an envelope and l took it.

What are saw made my blood boil, it was pictures of Val at home and in school l gave them to Marco and punched Roger again and again until l was satisfied.

When l was done Marco punched him too again.

"Ok when and where do l have to Marry her"l asked

"Tonight at the church there will be no celebrations you just need to sign a contract the pastor will give you that states that you agree to take each other as husband and wife"Roger answered he was dripping blood all over him.

"And don't forget to bring your witness"Roger added

"Ok. Matteo?"l said and called my guard.

"Yes sir?"he answered.

"Escort him out"l said and he nodded. He took the bloody Roger and went out with him.

"What now? are you going to marry the bitch?"Marco asked after they left.

"What? No"l said.

"What will you do then?"he asked and I gave him an evil grin.

"We will play along"l said smirking.

"What do you mean"he asked confused. This dumb friend of mine.

"We just need to replace the real pastor with the fake one who will bring along a fake contract"l said.

"That's a great idea. I know a person we could use to replace the real pastor"Marco said.

"Well that's good. I will always be 10 steps ahead of you Roger."l mumbled the last sentence to myself.

"Are you going to be my witness?"l asked him

"No l have something to do, take Matteo"he said

"And that thing is?"l asked

"You will find out just take Matteo"he said

"Ok" l said

"We will get going don't forget to change pastors"l said to Marco and he nodded.

Right now we as in me and Matteo were going to the church.

"You are now husband and wife"the fake pastor who surprisingly was M-Marco? What the fuck is he crazy.

"Isn't there a part where we have to kiss?"the bitch l mean Charlotte asked the pastor who is Marco

"What?! No bitc.. I mean Mrs there is no part like that in my scripture l don't believe in displaying feelings in public no scratch that you guys must never and l mean never kiss each other cause l only see bad luck when you kiss so restrain from being intimate with each other."Marco said and l was trying so hard not to laugh.

"What are you saying pastor we are a married couple"Charlotte whined

"I said no intimacy bitc... l mean lady or you will have bad luck wherever you go. Your already ugl...*clears throat* I mean beautiful face might become ugly."he said.

"Oh no l don't want that to happen"she cried.

"Then there should be no intimacy if you don't want that to happen"he said

"Okay pastor"she said. Oh that god you are a life saver my friend l owe you one.

"Take care of my daughter L-Lor-en-zo"Mike said and l can see that he was scared of me. I just ignored him and left.

I arrived home with the mother and daughter duo. When l got inside the house l saw Rose with Marian in the living room. I went to her and hugged her so tight and l told her to follow me to my home office.

When we got there l told her everything except for the part where the marriage is fake.

She was sad but she tried to hid it with a smile that didn't even reach her eyes. I was broken to see her that way.

End of flashback

"Come on we have a meeting at 1pm"l said to Marco and he nodded after that we went to our cars and set off to the company.