Chapter 9

Lorenzo's pov

I feel so bad because l couldn't spend some time with my daughter today and l will make it up for her tomorrow.

Tomorrow is Saturday so she won't be going to school. And l won't be going to work meaning we have time together.

When l arrived at my house no mansion l saw my angel and Marco watching cartoons in the living room.

"Wassup bro"l said to Marco.

"Oh Enzo thank God you are back l will leave now"he said standing up.

"And where are you going?"l asked.

"Umm home?"he said but it came out as a question.

"I know for sure you not going home Marco so stop the cap"l said looking at him straight in the eyes.

"Well l'm going to a club bye man and goodnight my little princess"he said the last sentence to Rose.

"Goodnight uncle" she responded

"Have fun bro"l said patting his shoulder and he left.

I removed my coat and sat down next to Rose on the couch.

"I'm sorry Rose l didn't go shopping with you"l said guilty.

"Dad it's ok"

"Ok what did you and your uncle do"l asked.

"We went shopping and uncle Marc dragged me to almost all the shops there and he bought like almost everything.l tried to tell him it's enough but he just ignored me, l almost died due to exhaustion l'm telling you."she said dramatically.

"Oh that's Marco for you what else did you do"l said

"We got home and baked cookies, played hide and seek and watched cartoons until you came that's all"she said.

"Oh ok so since l wasn't with you during the day today, tomorrow l will take you somewhere and spend the whole day with you yeah"l said.

"Really?"she said

"Of course"l said

"Where will we be going?"she asked

"That's a surprise"l said

"Okay"she said

"Did you eat dinner"l asked

"No l only ate lunch"

"How about l make lasagna?"l asked

"Ok"she said

After an hour l finished making lasagna and we ate and finished.

We watched Alice in the wonderland movie. While we were watching Rose fell asleep cuddled to my chest. I looked at her and she was so cute with a pout on her face.

I turned off the tv and went to her room tucked her under the sheets on her bed and kissed her forehead.

"Goodnight bambina"l said and went to my room.

Val's pov

"Wake up baby" l heard my dad say.

"No go away"l said

"Don't you wanna see the surprise l told you about yesterday?"

"I'm up, l'm up"l said rubbing my eyes."

"Ok let's go bathe you"he said and picked me up.

After he finished clothing me up we went to the dinning room and ate the  breakfast that was cooked by Marian our maid. She is a very nice person l like her she is 45yrs old.

"Dad can l have a cookie please"l say after finishing my breakfast.

"Ok sure"he said and gave me one cookie.

"Thanks but why you giving me only one"l said while pouting.

"Because they are unhealthy, we should get going"he said.