Chapter 20

Val's pov

I woke up in the morning and this time l bathed myself and wore my school uniform.l then looked at myself with the help of the mirror, when l was satisfied with how l look l went to the dinning room.

My dad and my uncle were already sitting down waiting for me. I went to them and kissed them both on their cheeks.

"Good morning dad and uncle "l said before l sat down.

"Good morning baby"dad said

"Good morning princess "said uncle Reece

"Your uncle will drop you at school today and l will come pick you up okay"my dad said after we finished our breakfast.

"Ok dad"l said.

"Let's go princess don't want you to get late at school"my uncle said and we left.

Upon arriving there l got out of the car and my uncle set off but not before he kissed my forehead and telling me to have a nice day.

Just like always Emilo was waiting for me.

"Hey Em"l said hugging him.
"Hi Val" he said and we went inside the school.

Lorenzo's pov

The time to pick Rose up has arrived so l went out of my company to my car and drove to her school.

I saw her, she was with that Emilo kid again and he hugged her like literally hugged my daughter, the nerve of this kid. I need to talk to him someday. I guess she saw me because she was walking to me.

"Hey dad"she said.

"Hi baby. How was school?"l asked opening the passenger door for her and she got inside.

"It was good"she said and l nodded

I went to the driver door, got inside and set off home.

When we arrived Rose run out of the car inside the house.

"Uncle Reece where are you, uncle Reece"she shouted.

"I'm in the living room Val and stop running or you will fall" Reece said.

"There you are let's go l want to show you my music room"she said excitedly.

"Go take off your uniform first Rose"l said sternly.

"But dad the music room..."she said before l cut her off.

"No take off your uniform first"l said challenging her to say no.

"Ok"she said and ran to her room.

"You are a very good father Enzo"Reece said looking at me.

"You think so?"l asked.

"I know so"he said

"Thanks man anyways when will you find a wife for yourself"l asked him

"I don't want to tie myself in a relationship"he said in a matter of fact.

"Don't you want a child?"l asked him.

"No why would l want a child when my niece Val is there. She is like a daughter to me"he said and l nodded.

"Umm Enzo tonight l'm leaving l have to perform on Saturday and today is Thursday."he said.

"Rose won't like that"l said.

"I know but l don't have a choice, I too don't want to leave her, l got fond of her"he said

"Uncle Reece l'm back let's go"Rose said from the top of the stairs running downstairs.

"Stop running or you will fall"Me and Reece said at the same time to which she just smiled sheepishly and grabbed Reece's hand walked to the music room.

"I will be in my home office"l said to Reece to which he nodded.

Val's pov

We arrived at the music room and l opened the door.

"Welcome to my music room uncle Reece"l said

"You like music"he asked me

"No l love music"l said

"Can you play the instruments for me"he asked and l nodded and played all the instruments.

"Wow you are really good Val"he said.

"Now let's play together"he said and we played all of them together.

"Wow uncle that was fun"l said happily.

"Yeah it was, now let's go downstairs"he said and I nodded.

When we arrived downstairs dad and uncle Marc were already there.

"Dad, uncle Marc me and uncle Reece were in the music room and we played the instruments together it was awesome. We must do that again tomorrow uncle"l said to them excitedly.

But they didn't share my excitement they were only looking at me.

"Umm why are you guys looking at me like that"l asked them.

"You see Val l'm going back to New York City tonight"Uncle Reece said and l looked at him like he was from another planet.

"What?!No you can't leave l mean you just arrived yesterday"l said trying to hold back my tears which l guess was in vain cause l felt them sliding down my cheeks.

"I too don't want to go Val but l have a performance on Saturday"Uncle Reece said.

"No please don't go uncle Reece please"l said.

"I have to Val please don't cry. How about this, I will come to take you with me when you're about 12 or 13 yrs old right Enzo?"uncle Reece asked dad and l looked at dad to see if he will approve and he did.

"Yes Val you will go there when you're about 12 or 13yrs old your uncle will come take you to live with him for a while"dad said and he wiped off my tears.

"Really?"l asked to which he nodded

"Now l will get going see you after 6 or 7 years Val we will keep in touch via phone call sweetheart"he said.

"Aren't we going with you to the airport?"I asked

"Nope no need my driver and assistant are already here"he said and I gave him a tight hug and a kiss on both of his cheeks.

"Have a safe flight uncle Reece. I will miss you"l said.

"I will miss you more Val see you soon. Goodbye brothers"he said giving dad a bro hug and uncle Marc a nod before he left.