Chapter 28

Val's pov

I was looking outside the jet through the oval window, lost in thoughts.

"Earth to Val," I heard Uncle Reece exclaim.

"Oops, sorry, looks like I spaced out again," I sheepishly said.

"Mind sharing what's on that little mind of yours?" He said

"I was just wondering if I did the right thing by writing a letter to my friend instead of just seeing him," I said. I think a letter was a stupid idea but... *sigh* I don't know.

"Come here," Uncle Reece said, patting his lap.

I went over to him and sat on his lap. I wonder why both of my uncles along with my dad like treating me as if I'm a kid, though it's not that bad.

"Now listen to me, don't think about negative things, yeah? Just be happy, we are going to America, and if I'm right it will be your first time going there, right?" He asked, and I nodded.

"Superb now all you have to do is to think about all the fun things you will do when you get there, maybe you may help with my music, I mean you play instruments and sing very well so you will be helpful".

"You mean I can play instruments and sing with you?" I happily asked.

"Of course that is, if you don't mind."

"Oh my god, uncle, you're awesome," I said, smiling and kissing his cheeks excitedly , and he laughed.

"I don't want to ever see you sad, so always keep that smile, yeah?" he said, and I nodded.

******

"PUT YOUR SEAT BLELT ON, WE ARE ABOUT TO LAND," a voice was heard from the speakers.

Uncle helped me put on my seat belt before putting his.

After the jet landed, we got out, and my uncle's bodyguards carried my luggage to one of the cars that lined up near the jet.

We went into the car that was in the middle with the help of the bodyguard, of  course, and set off to what I think is my uncle's place.

I looked out the window in awe because of the beautiful places we passed.

"Close your mouth or a fly will get in it, plus you haven't seen the most beautiful places yet," Uncle chuckled

"Anyways, welcome to New York City, sweetheart," he said.

"New York City? Oh my god, we are in NYC, " I excitedly said.

"Eso es magnífico, hay tantos lugares que me encantaría visitar." I shouted happily, not noticing that I was speaking a different language.

T: That is magnificent, there are so many places I would love to visit

"Eh Val, what did you say? and what language were you using? cause I'm sure it's not Italiano

"Oh, I just got carried away, and you're right it's not Italiano rather it's Spanish and I said that there are so many places I would lovto visit" I sheepishly looked at uncle. I forgot that he's not like my dad, who knows how to speak many languages.

"Oh, don't worry, you will surely see all the beautiful places in NYC even in other cities," he said, looking at me amused.

"You're the best uncle ever, no, you and Uncle Marc are the best uncles ever," I said.

"I'm the first best uncle, though," I heard him mumble to himself.

After hours of driving, we arrived at the huge gate, which opened upon our arrival.