Chapter 23

Val's pov

"Ms Dean can you please keep quite" our English teacher said to Hayley.

"It's Ms De Luca"she said

"No your surname still hasn't changed Ms Dean"said the teacher

"No my dad changed it"she argued

"Who's your dad"the teacher asked

"Lorenzo De Luca"she said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

I sighed looking at her from my table just in time the bell rang indicating that it was lunch.

I grabbed my books and went out of the classroom to my locket.

When I got there I saw Em waiting beside it for me.

"Hey Em" I said putting my books inside my locket before closing it.

"Hey" he said and hugged me. He really is a huggy, well to me.

"Let's go to the cafeteria l'm hungry"he said while pouting.

"Right now?"I asked

"Yeah shorty let's go" he said and he put his arm around my shoulder. I know he is tall and l'm short but why does he have to rub it on me. I thought and rolled my eyes.

When we arrived in the cafeteria we grabbed our food and went to our usual table away from the 'drama' and sat down.

"Hey Val and Hey Emilo"Mia said. Mia is 12yrs old she is talkative, energetic and nice. She knows some if not all the news in this school.

"Hey Mia"l greeted her back and Em just nodded as expected because it was rare to find him talking to anyone in school except for me, he used to talk a little with Lily and Luca but not anymore.

"Have you heard the latest news?"she asked excitedly and l shook my head.

"Luca and Hayley have been dating"she squealed.

"Ok" l said unfazed. l'm not surprised at all.

Did l ever tell you that Hayley had or maybe still has feelings for Em?Well if not then l'm telling you. As crazy as that sounds it's the truth.

While we were eating, the couple, the candle I mean Lily and their minions decided to grace us with their presence yay I'm so excited NOT.

"Hey you fool stop clinging around my dad."the 'you know who' said and l just ignored her.

"Hey Hay is talking"the candle l mean Lily said and Mia laughed.

"Hay? What kind of a nickname is that."she said chuckling.

"You, don't talk to me like that or else l will tell my dad and he wouldn't spare you." Hauey said. Is this girl obsessed over my dad or something?.

"Hauey can you please go you are disturbing our peace"l said looking at her.

"My name is Hayley not Hauey."she said angrily.

"Do I look like I care?"l asked and Em shook his head.

"Yes Em I totally don't, so please go along with your followers Hauey"l said to Hayley and her followers.

"Don't talk to her like that bitch"Luca said and he was about to slap me before Em punched him straight in the face.

"Don't you ever dare Luca"Em said calmly like he had not just punched a person whatever he deserved it anyway. I know l could've taken care of that.

"Let's go Val"Em said taking my hand in his.

"Bye Mia"l shouted at Mia and walked with Em to who knows where.

It was After school now and me and Em were waiting for our parents until his dad came.

"Hello Val dear, your dad and Marco won't be able to pick you up so they said l should drop you, let's go"he said. Yes my dad and Em's parents got to know each other and they are pretty close.

"But what about Hayley?"l asked. I know Hayley is a bitch but how will she get home when we leave her

"Stop worrying about her Val" Em said rolling his eyes. No I'm not worried about her not at all

"But.."l said before being cut off.

"Luca's parents will drop her Val let's go"Em's dad Daniel said and l nodded and we got to the car and set off.

When we arrived at home l got out of the car.

"Thanks Dani"l said to Daniel

"No need Val"he said

"Bye Em"l said and turned to walk inside the gates

"I think you're forgetting something Val"Em said already out of the car.

"No l don't think so"l said confused.

"Really?"he said and then it clicked.l didn't hug him.

"Oh"l said and went back to him to give him a tight hug to which he returned.

"Now you can go, bye"he said and went inside the car and they set off

I went inside the gates to the mansion and then l went to my room to take off my uniform. After l was done l took a bath, dressed myself and went to my music room.