Chapter 16

Lorenzo's pov

I arrived home late at night from  meeting. I told Marian to take care of Rose while l'm gone.

"Good evening sir"Marian said when l went inside the house.

"Where is Rose did she sleep?"l asked.

"She's in the music room she hasn't left it since morning."she said.

" Did she eat anything"

"Yes sir l brought lunch and dinner to her."

"Ok" l said and went to Rose's music room.

When l got there she was sleeping peacefully with her head on the keyboards. She was so cute. Besides her were scriptures it looks like she was reciting the lyrics.

I picked her up carefully not to wake her up and went to her room. I put her on her bed and kissed her forehead as a goodnight and l left to my own room did my daily routine and slept.

Val's pov

"Dad"l said while he was eating breakfast.

"Mmm"he hummed.

"Can l ask you something?"l asked.

"Yeah"

"Did you like no l mean did you love mom?"l asked the question that has been playing in my mind.

"Yes l did it was love at first sight"he answered smiling.

" But if you did love her then why weren't you there with us all this years"

"Well baby l tried looking for your mom but it was all in vain, I didn't even know that l had a daughter"he said sadly.

"Oh ok"l said

"Let's go now or you will be late for school"he said and we set off to school.

When we arrived at school my dad opened the door for me hugged me and kissed my forehead.

"Have a nice day baby and no boys don't forget. I don't like that Emilo kid"he said but the last part he mumbled to himself. He set off to work.

"Hey Val"Emilo said and hugged me.

"Hey Em"l said hugging him back.

After we broke our hug we went inside the school where we saw Luca and Lily.

"Hey guys"l said and they greeted me back.

"What's going on"Emilo asked Luca

"I don't know, we were told to come to the assembly"Luca said and we went to the assembly.

"Okay students today is sports day so there will be no lessons."the principal of the school said.

"So first we are going to need you guys to group yourself, 4 people in one group. Come on group yourself fast"he said.

"I guess we already grouped ourselves "Lily said to which we all nodded.

"We will start with marathon going on to cricket and then swimming. Come on let's go to the field."the principal said and we followed him.

The day went on with us playing sports until it was after school.

And strangely my uncle was the was the one picking me up instead of my dad.

"Uncle Marc why are you the one picking me up? Where is dad?"l asked while my uncle was driving.

"Umm he couldn't make it princess he was caught up by something so he sent me here to come and pick you up."he said.

"Okay"l said and looked out of the car window.