=Prologue=

=Jake Sully Pov=

The forest of pandora holds many dangers. But the most dangerous thing about Pandora, is that you may grow to love her too much.

We sing the song cords to remember. Each bead is a story in our lives. A bead for the birth of our son.

Neteyam.

A bead when we adopted our daughter Kiri. Born of Grace's avatar. A daughter whose conception was a total mystery. 

A bead for the first communion with Eywa. The people say we live in Eywa and Eywa lives in us.

The great mother holds all her children, in her heart.

Happiness is simple. And who would have thought a jarhead like me could have cracked the code. Before I knew it we had five.

Neteyam, Kiri, the twins Loak and Sylwanin. And little Tuktirey.

When we sent the sky people back to earth. A few of them stayed. Science guys loyal to the na'vi.

And then there was spider. He was just stuck here. To young for a cryo capsule. Orphaned by the war he was raised by the lab guys. He wasn't part of our family. He was like a stray cat, just always around. Inseparable from our kids.

To Neytiri he will always be alien. One of them.

It took a few years to get the language through my thick skull. Now when I hear it might as well be english. 

It goes by too fast.

Like a dream.

Happiness is simple. But date night. Time away form the kids. It's one a whole other level. 

But the thing about happiness. It can vanish in a heartbeat.

A new star in the night. It can only mean one thing. Ship's decelerating.

The sky people returning.

================================================================================