=Chapter 35=

I giggle like a little schoolgirl as Aonung pulled me out of the water into the air pocket. It was dark the only way I could tell where Aonung was due to the bioluminescent lights on our body.

"Careful," he warned softly. Stepping down my eyes widened when my feet hit water. The water lit up a beautiful blue. It rippled from where we stood till it meet the sides of the cave. From there the glow changed into pink as it lit up an assortment of mushroom-looking plants that covered the whole walls. Then soft little specks of glowing pink started to fall from them. I chuckled looking around in aww.

My attention only turned to Aonung as he gently squeezed my hand. A small stifled chuckle left my mouth as I saw a small gathering of spores on his nose.

"What?" he asked.

"You have something there," I said reaching up to gently brush it off. After I did his hand reached up taking it and placing it on his cheek. 

"I see you," he whispered.

"I see you," I murmured back. As soon as those words left my mouth he smashed his to mine. This kiss was different from the others, It was hungry. We wanted more. We needed more. We paused briefly our foreheads pressed together as Aonung pulled his braid up. Taking my own I held it up before our Queue reached each other. Aonung leaned forward to kiss me again our queue connecting. We both gasped into the kiss.

We were connected. It was a surreal experience. I could feel everything Aonung was feeling and he could feel everything I was. We could feel each other's joy and excitement. We could feel the utter love and devotion we have for one another. 

That love spilled into our hands as mine slipped up his chest to his neck and then into his hair. A pleasant shiver ran down his body at my touch.  I could feel my hands on his body. He moved up my waist to rest just under my breast his thumb brushing the underside of it. A shudder went through my body as I pulled him closer. Hicking me up he slowly lowered us into the shallow water. 

"I am with you forever," he whispered.

Then we were mated. It was amazing, gentle, and passionate. Once everything was said and done we fell into a blissful sleep entangled in each other's bodies. Lulled to sleep by the fact that we were officially mates. 

When I awoke a warm smile spread across my face. We lay together little pink sports covering us. I lay on my side Aonung spooning me from behind. I used one of his arms as a pillow his other dropping over my waist to hold my hand. Our hearts were perfectly at peace. Our queues were stung over our bodies still connected. Sensing I had awoken through our queues Aonung stirred pulling me closer to him. The back of my body flush against the front of his.

"Good morning my kaltxi," Aonung's husky morning voice sent a pleasant feeling through me as he feathered my shoulder in kisses. 

"Good morning, husband," I whispered. I could feel the burst of joy from aonung through our bond. I could feel him smile against my back as he was filled with pride for that one word. 

"Come here," he said flipping me over with one hand before kissing me deeply. 

When we were finished with our morning activities we swam back to the surface. Aonung's skimwing was waiting for us. 

"Now it's your turn to hold on," he said pulling me up behind him. Wrapping my arms around him he let out an excited cry as his beast took off. As we approached the village a horn sounded. The villagers were all waiting to cheer throwing flowers down onto us as we made our way through the village hand in hand to the Tsahik's hut. Ronal stood welcoming us with a warm smile. 

People started to gather all with excited whispers. Now that we had mated we were to get our mate tattoos. Sitting back to back Ronal took both our Queues and connected them. The process was a long one. Ronal would poke and prod our shoulders that sat side by side finding the perfect place for the tattoo. She would listen to what Eywa told her to tattoo and she would. Having you back to your partner was supposed to symbolize the blind trust. And being connected when your partner while being tattooed symbolized that you would share the pain of one another. So it started firstly on me. My face scrunched up at the pain Aonung's tail wrapping around mine as his hand grasped mine sending comfort through the bond. 

When it was done I let out a long breath looking down at it. The skin around the area of the tattoo was red but it looked beautiful. Beautiful swirling patterns decorated from my bicep up to my collarbone and swirl onto my chest. I then looked over to Aonung. He started at the tattoo with the most content smile I had ever seen on his face. Ronal blessed our union a warm smile spread across her face as she cupped Aonungs cheek.

"I hope your union is filled with great joy," she said. Pushing us to the entrance of the hut she held up our connect braid.

"The mated pair!" She announced. The villagers all cheered as another round of celebrations erupted. The tattoos were placed on the opposite shoulders of the couple. It was symbolic that when they stood together it would symbolize one person, not two. 

After that, our families got together to set up the newest hut. Our hut. I laughed as I watched my father, Tonawari and Loak all standing to the side discussing how they were going to go about this all with their arms crossed over their chests. Tuk, Toru, and Atsue all slid down the only roof panel that had been put up. Ronal and mother smiled as they brought over nessiesties. And Aonung stood in the center of it all trying to get everyone to cooperate.

It was a blissful slice of chaos. After a long trying afternoon, we had set up our own hut. Mine and Aonungs. Setting my stuff down I placed my bow on the display. Aonung walked up to my side placing his spear below it.

"So what do you think?" he asked.

"It's perfect," I said. He smiled leaning down to place a soft kiss on my lips.

I was finally truly happy. 

"Spider!" Kiri called in excitement.

But happiness doesn't last for long. 

===========================================================