=Chapter 42=

The next day a transmission came from Norm. The human government wanted to speak with my father. To hear his side of the story and hopefully put a stop to the RDAs operations. The only problem was that they would only meet back in the forests.

The clan all sat under the main hut. Tonowari had just announced the news.

"We can not trust them," Ronal declared.

"I know. I know. But there are people there we can trust. And humans have laws.  Laws they abide by. This has happened in human history before. If we get a judge to agree to our case. Then it could very well turn the tide of this all," my father explained.

"They also have the home-field advantage. Those outposts are still set up. All it takes is a small heli flight and you'll be trapped there," I spoke up. My father nodded pondering my words.

"It could be a trap," Mother spoke up in a whisper.

"Norm said the meeting will be live broadcasted," Father said. Upon seeing the confused glazes from everyone he continued. "Everyone on earth will be able to watch the meeting. We have supporters there. And by earth law, they can't touch us,"

"Do you believe they won't?" Ronal asked. My father pressed his lips together. Quaritch was still alive. That alone meant there was a high chance they would.

"I don't know. But if this meeting has even a small bit of hope to help us in this fight then I will take it," he said. Ronal exchanged looks with Tonowari.

"Very well," Ronal nodded.

Things moved quickly after that. A date was set and it slowly crept closer and closer. Lo'ak had already said he would accompany our father. Along with mother Tuk and Toru. Tsireya and Lo'ak had even argued about her joining them. Lo'ak said it was too dangerous and Tsireya retorted with raised eyebrows and not a word until Lo'ak backed down. Upon the human requesting to meet with a leader of the reef people Ronal offered herself. Much to Tonowari's dismay. He would have followed after her but she convinced him that someone needed to stay with the people. A few warriors agreed to come with if anything bad happened. 

And that left myself.

Sitting in my hut my hands gently worked on Aonungs que, braiding the hair around it.

"So, are we going to speak of it?" Aonung asked peeking over his shoulder. I briefly took my eyes off his bride glancing up at his raised eyebrow.

"What's there to speak of? I'm pretty sure you already know my decision," I said simply. 

"It is dangourse," he stated. "Rember what happened last time?" he asked. My fingers slowed slightly. I knew it was a risk.

"This will be the first time my whole family will-" my words trailed off. My whole family. My family wasn't whole anymore. "My family will all be there. Toru will finally meet his grandmother, and Mother will finally see her home again," I continued.

"Do you miss your home that much?" he asked, I could hear the slight disappointment in his voice.

"Aonung," I whispered. I watched his shoulders sink as he shivered. Reaching back I pulled my que forward connecting it with his.

A content smile spread over my face as I continued to braid.

"Do you feel my comfort? My happiness?" I asked rhetorically. I knew he could. That was the magic of such a bond. 

"My soul is at peace. Here with you," I continued. I finished the braid tying it off and dropping it over his shoulder. I reached up sliding my hand across the mate tattoo leaning forward to place my lips between his shoulder blades. 

"A piece of my heart will always long for the forest. But my home is here Aonung. My home is with you," I said honestly. He could feel the honesty through the bond. The utter love. Relief filled the bond from his side as he turned around to my sitting figure. Even as he crouched on one knee he towered over me. His hand found my thigh as it rested upon it. His hair fell off his shoulders the small braid I had put in when we became engaged dangling in front of me. I smiled as I looked into his ocean-blue eyes. A wide smile spread across his face his dimples showing as he ducked his head. That was the first time I called this place home. I had always referred to the forest as my home. I don't know when my mind switched its pattern but it did. 

"Sylwanin. You bring me great joy," he said his excitemt bubbling over to a shower of kisses all over my face. Pulling back he couldn't help his bright smile as he chuckled. 

"Say it again?" he asked bashfully. I smiled and reached up to cup his cheeks.

"You are my home Aonung," I whispered sweetly. He smiled ducking down to capture my lips in a sweet tender kiss. 

"And you are mine," he said his hand trailed up my side as he deepened the kiss laying me down. A small giggle left my lips as in one swift movement he pulled off his warrior vest before ducking back down giving his wife some much need love.

The next day was chaos. Everyone was preparing their ikrans for the journey, and the metkayina were preparing their skim wings. I had just finished tying my pack onto Oogis's back when silence fell over the group. Aonung's smiling face turned into a frown as he stepped closer to me his ears flatting down. Turning to follow his gaze I spotted Kiri and Spider walking out onto the beach. Kiri called out to her ikran trying to ignore our gazes. 

Smiling I started to walk over Tuk joining me with a bright smile. I sighed I see you to both of them before gingerly reaching over to grasp Kiri's forearm. We didn't need to say anything. She returned my smile with a hesitant one of her own as she placed her hand over mine. 

"On me," I whispered. It was a term father often used for the mission. It meant to stay close. Kiri nodded squeezing my hand. I nodded to Spider before returning to the group.

========================================================================