=Chapter 5=

Loak was furious, he glared at the Quaritch as he walked into the circle of my family's hostage bodies looking over us all. 

"What have we here?" he asked lingering slightly longer on Spider before turning around.

"Hey commander, check it out," One of the soldiers said holding Kiri's hand up for him to see. "Four fingers, we got a half-breed," he said. Walking up to her quartic looked over her disgusted by her appearance.

"At least, both of her fingers are the same. Check this out. Three on one, four on the other," the woman atop me said bending my arms more to clearly show the others. A cry of pain left my lips which had everyone fighting their restraints.

"LET HER GO!" Loak demanded.

"Show me your fingers," Quaritch demanded his attention now on Loak.

Loak glared slowly raising both his hands to flip him off. 

The commander gave a half chuckle. "Your his aren't you?" he asked. In response, Loak hissed threateningly, his k9's on full show and his ears pressed down.

"You're his alright," he nodded in confirmation. His amusement faded as he reached forward ruffling grabbing Loak by the braid and heaving him up earning a painful sound.

"LET HIM GO!" I screamed fighting the woman's grip with all the strength I could. 

"Fucken stay still," she demanded pressing her knee harder into my back. 

"Where is he?" Quaritch asked.

"I'm sorry I don't speak English," Loak said in our language. "To dumbasses," he added.

"Where is your father," Quaritch asked in Navi yanking his queue harder. 

"Really you wanna play it this way?" Quardritch asked. Pulling his knife from his belt we all roared up. I was relieved when he threw Loak down. But it was short-lived when he made his way to Kiri.

"Hey no, don't touch her!" Spider yelled. "Please don't hurt her please," he begged gaining Quaritch's attention.

"What's your name kid?" he asked somewhat gently.

"Spider, Socorro," he said and his words seemed to shock him. With a small wave, the man holding Spider stepped back releasing him.

"Miles?" he asked kneeling.

"Nobody calls me that," Spider said.

"Well, I will be damned. I figured they sent you back to earth," Quaritch said more surprised than anything.

"They can't put babies in cryo dipshit," Spider murmured.

"What are we doing boss?" the soldiers asked. Quaritch instead of answering him spoke into his com's. After the orders were given he looked down at me.

"Who shot the kid?" he asked looking around. Shot? Me?

"I did sir. She was about to kill Jamie," another soldier admitted rasing his hand. 

"And she's not rolling around or screaming bloody murder. Gotta admit these Navi bodies are a wonder. Patch up that wound and move them back to the clearing," he ordered. 

We were all thrown to the ground in the clearing. Everyone was bound. It took four soldiers to hold me down as they worked on my wound, stuffing gauze in and wrapping it up tightly. They said it was clean-shoot. Lucky for me they didn't have to go fishing for a bullet. 

"Sylwanin," Loak tried to get to me back they held him back.

"I'm fine. I'm fine," I pushed the words through clenched teeth as I breathed heavily. I was anything but fine. It hurt like a bitch. But I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of crying out.

When the eclipse hit we were moved back to the forest for cover. In the darkness, the plant's lit up in its biolemencint glory. We were all held by our braids. It was raining, the coolness welcoming against my burning shoulder. 

Then we heard it, a sound similar to an animal echoing through the forest. Yet it wasn't an animal, it was our mother. It was a signal. They were going to attack. Then the first arrow was shoot sinking itself into the skull of the soldier that held Kiri and Spider.

"Contact rear!" The commander yelled as they started firing bullets off into the forest. That was it. We all jumped into action. Loak pulled the pin of a gas canister before biting the man who held him. I slammed my head back, hitting my captor who daze by the blow and was easy to topple with a tackle. Rolling with the blow I used the momentum to shoot up slamming the top of my head on the chin of the woman who held Tuk. Tuk was dropped from her grasp and we ran. Loak was in front of me. Tuk beside him. My heart was pounding in my ears my breath was hot in my lungs. The fire in my shoulder flickered with every movement.

We rounded a corner and father and Neteyam jumped down. 

"Dad!" I didn't stop running, mostly because I didn't think I had the strength to. I fell into his embrace my legs giving way.

"Are you hurt? Are you hurt?" he held me close looking over Tuk and Loak.

"Daddy," Sobbing I pulled Tuk into the embrace.

"Nin's hurt. S-she was shoot," My father's face paled at Loak words as he reffed back his eyes immediately finding the blood-soaked bandage.

"I-Im fine. They said it was a clean shot. It didn't hit any arteries," I rushed the words out of my chest heaving as my body didn't know whether it wanted to cry or not. 

"Fucking Batards," he hissed pulling my head into his chest.

We all watched as the chopper pulled away the bright lights dimming. 

"Ok we're clear," Father said. "Everyone ok?" he asked as mother and Kiri appeared.

"Mum!" Tuk and I cried as Tuk ran to her.

With the danger now gone my father pulled Loak, Neteyam, and I into his embrace.

"It's ok," he whispered holding Neteyam's head. Neteyam nodded his hand reaching out for me and wrapping around the back of my neck. The adrenalin finally dimmed. The danger had passed and we were safe. 

We were safe.

"Wheres Spider?" Loak asked as we pulled back father looking over me once again. Kiri turned to use with tears in her eyes. 

"They took him, they took him," she said her words quivering as she started to cry. I shut my eyes in sadness shaking my head. 

"Hey, it's ok baby girl. he's a tuff kid alright, shhh," he gently hugged her calming her of her worries. Father had a way of doing that. Of assuring everyone that it will be ok.

"He's gonna be ok, We're all gonna be ok," he said holding her head. He was right. We were all going to be ok. Weather it be that fact, or the fact that my body was no longer in danger which meant it no longer needed to stay awake. Whatever it was snatched my consciousness away and left me toppling to the floor like a sack of rocks. 

"Sylwanin!" Mother cried out my name leaping forward. That was the last thing I head before I lost full consciousness.

============================================================