=Chapter 23=

We couldn't see them. But we could hear them. There were explosions and constant gunfire. I hooked my arm around Tuk and held her tight. I screamed as the whole ship was shocked by an explosion. 

I watched as Quaritch ran out of amo pulling his knife from his sheath. And I watched as fear set into his very being, as a soldier was struck by an arrow. My mother's arrow. The same looking arrow that ended his life before. 

"It's mum!" Tuk said.

"That's right, they're coming for you," Kiri hissed. Quaritch turned to glare all his fury pouring into his eyes. Tuk hissed with as much threat as she could. 

"Wait don't. NO!" I yelled as Quaritch cut Kiri free and pulled her away. After a bit, I spotted dad as he picked up his axe and knife.

"Dad," I whispered his head snapping towards us.

"Daddy," Tuk called.

"Hey shh," he rushed up to us cutting us free. He took me by the shoulders looking over my face.

"Where Kiri. Where's your sister?" he asked.

"Quaritch took her. That way," I said nodding off.

"Sylwanin!" my head snapped to the side to see Aonung rushing towards me. In his hand, he gripped a bloodied knife. His chest splashed with blood. Worry instantly filled me as we rushed into each other's embrace. 

"Thank Eywa," he whispered filled with relief as he held my head close to his chest. I pulled back looking over his body worriedly. Trying to see if the blood was his. He did the same looking over my face, the cut on my temple, and the busted lip. I was a bit bruised but I was ok. His face consorted looking as if he was about to cry in relief as he pressed our foreheads together. 

"Stay behind me," Dad ordered. Aonung pulled back, I did as well reaching out for Tuk. As we were about to move my heart stopped. Quaritch stepped out from behind a pillar, Kiri in his grasp and a knife to her throat. 

"Kiri," Tuk called in fear as we stopped in our tracks. Dad took a protective stance. Aonung quickly did the same his knife raising as his ears flattened. His other hand reached out placing itself across my body on my hip keeping me and Tuk behind him.

"Running out of time Corporal. You already lost one kid today you really wanna lose another?" I frowned at his words looking to Aonung. He didn't meet my gaze, his grip only tightened. Father went to attack only for Quaritch to press the knife firmly against Kiri's throat.

"Don't test me!" Quaritch hissed stopping dad.

"Just kill him, dad!" Kiri yelled only to be silenced by Quaritch's knife as it was pressed deeper this time breaking the skin. 

"Weapons down," Quaritch ordered. 

"Don't don't do it," Kiri begged.

"Down!" Quaritch yelled. Dad hesitantly threw his weapons to the ground. Quaritch then turned to Aonung. Reaching up I gripped his arm. He turned to me seeing my begging gaze. Chucking his knife down he pulled me further behind him.

"Kick 'em away. DO IT!" Quaritch demanded. 

"No," Kiri whispered as dad gave in to his demands. Quaritch threw a pair of cuff's to his feet.

"Cuff yourself," he ordered.

"No no, don't hurt her," My eyes widened as the Spider appeared begging Quaritch.

"Stand there! Don't move. Not a step," Quadritch demanded his gaze looking between the two. 

"Cuff's on now!" he snapped.