=Chapter 14=

"I wish I'd been there. The ocean blessed you with a gift brother," Kiri said in aww. Loak had just told us all of the story. Of the attack and how the tulkun saved us. I listened silently smiling at my brother's excitement.

"The tulkun have not returned yet. And anyway no tulkun is ever alone," Aonung explained pushing off the tree he was leaning on. 

"This one was. He had a missing fin, like a stump on the left side," Loak explained turning to the Tsireya.

"Poor tulkun," Tuk muttered. 

"Payakan,"  Tsireya said her expression changing to one of worry as she reached out to grab Loak's arm.

"It's Payakan," she said turning to her brother and Rotxo both of them sharing the same expression.

"Whos payakan?" Kiri asked.

"A young pulu who went rouge. He's outcast, alone. And he has a missing fin," Rotxo explained.

"They say he is a killer," Tsireya said.

"No no," Loak shook his head.

"He killed Navi, and other tulkun, not here but far to the south," Aonung explained. A deep frown spread across my face.

"But he was so gentle. He saved us, and carried Loak to the surface for air," I explained sharing the same confused look with Loak.

"He's no killer," Loak argued.

"Loak you are lucky to be alive," Tsireya said.

"I'm telling you guys. He saved our lives. He's my friend," Loak wasn't backing down. I could understand why. That gentle giant couldn't be a killer. He just couldn't.

"My baby bro, the mighty warrior. Faced the killer tulkun and lived to tell about it," Neteyam stood slapping his hands down on Loak's shoulder with a wide smile. He believed Loak's words to a certain extent. 

"ack," Loak shrugged his hands off.

"You guys aren't listening," Loak huffed in defeat.

"No i-i I'm listening," Tuk called out.

"Loak come back," Kiri called as he stormed off. I stood taking a deep breath as I stopped Neteyam from going after him.

"Skxawng," Kiri huffed.

"You'll only make it worse," I whispered. I continued to watch him leave before turning back to Neteyam and the others.

"He's telling the truth. Payakan was very gentle. Kind even, " I said.

"He still killed. It is forbidden," Tsireya said. I pressed my lips together before walking off. Loak was right. They weren't listening. 

"Sylwanin," my ear flattened as Aonung followed after me.

"What do you want?" I didn't turn to talk to him, nor did I stop.

"To call me a freak like you did my family?" I asked bitterly.

"No, Sylwanin I want to apologize," he said trailing behind me like a lost duckling.

"Go away Aonung," I huffed.

"Sylwanin please," he begged. That defeated tone had my steps slowing. Taking a deep breath I peeked over my shoulder. The desperate expression he wore had my headstrong nature disappearing. 

"Fuck," Aonung's ears twitched at the foreign word.  With a defeated sigh I turned around to him. 

"You have three minutes," I stated simply. 

"Thank you. Alright um, I shouldn't have done what I did. I shouldn't have teased your family, I shouldn't have called your father a demon. I-I just its all strange, all new to me. I struggled," he paused stopping his words.