=Chapter 12=

I went out looking to apologize to those I had struck. I got told they were fishing on the east side of the reef. I was headed that way when in the distance I saw four ilu's leaving the reef. Three light blue riders and one dark. I frowned but followed after. The open ocean was ruffer than the reef. Yet I kept my eyes on the group. They were too far away to hear my yells. At one point they all went under. Just of the coast of three brothers rock. Only three came back up. As they saw me they slowed down slightly. Aonung, Rotxo and one of the boys I punched were there. 

"Sylwanin, what are you doing here?" Aonung asked looking like a deer caught in headlights.

"I saw you leaving the reef with my skxawng of a brother. Where is he?" I asked instantly defensively. 

"It's just a prank. He knows the way home. We just wanted to give him a scare," Rotxo spoke up looking away when my glare fell on him.

"Skxawng's," I hissed moving past them Aonung following my figure. He was about to follow after when his friend stopped him.

"Come on. They'll be fine," he said. So against Aonung's better judgment, they left.

As I got closer to the dive sight Loak emerged yelling out for the others only stopping when he saw me.

"Nin?" he questioned in shock.

"Skxawng," I hissed throwing a chunk of seaweed at his head.

"What's that for?" he asked.

"I must have taken all the brains in mother's womb, That is the only explanation for how much of a dumbass you are," I hissed riding up to his side.

"Well then it's your fault for all the trouble I get into," he said. I was about to argue back when our Ilu's jerked forward. Then my world was thrown upside down as I tumbled through the air. The land changed from the sky to rock to water as I grasped empty air. Then I saw it, two great maws of a beast snapping shut. Both Loak and I hit the water trying to regain our bearings both our eyes locked on the great beast that swan after our Ilu successful biting off a fragment of one's fin. It swam a bit away chasing the Ilu before realizing it wouldn't catch up. Then it turned its attention to us. I had faced death before. It shocked you to your core and made you feel sick inside. And this death had an ugly face. 

Instantly Loak and I swam for the cover of the coral as the beast chased after us. The beast jaw opened up ready to cleave us in half with one bite. Luckily for us, the coral blocked him. Loak fired off the crossbow into its open mouth only for it to bite down catching the bow and shattering it. It reared back before slamming in Loak and I pressing our back as far back as they could the coral digging into our skin as the maws snapped shut inches from us. 

It broke through the first layer of coral forcing us to swim further into the maze.  Coming out the other side we looked around. It popped up from the side, Loak pulling me down as it narrowly missed us yet again. My heart was beating rapidly as we paused for a brief peaceful moment. A moment that was destroyed as the beast attacked again. It wormed its way through the coral. Loak and I forced our way through tight space's our bodies getting cut to kingdom come on the sharp coral. A scream left my lips as my arm got caught in the beast's jaw. Lucky for me its jaw couldn't close properly due to the coral lodged between its mouth. Unlucky for me the teeth were sharp and they cleaved cleanly right through my lower bicep. I was hooked and couldent move. Only when the beast open its jaws again did i reef my arm off its tooth. Loak grabbed me pulling us through the last hole. The beast couldn't get through no matter how hard it tried and gave up, swimming off. Loak turned to me his face paling at the cloud of blood erupting from my arm. My face contorted in pain as he gripped onto it trying to stop the bleeding. 

Reaching down to my pack I pulled out a bandage. Taking it from my hand he quickly and tightly bound my arm. When done he held me as we waited. Yet we didn't have time. Our hearts were beating faster, we didn't have as much air. Loak's eyes fluttered closed as my lungs brunt for air. Shaking him we shared a look. We had to get air. And the air had an angry beast in between it. 

We couldn't wait any longer. We gave each other a nod before pushing up and heading for the surface. Yet we weren't lucky. The beast had been waiting. It swam towards us. Loak pushed me behind him pulling his knife free. 

Then out of nowhere a giant tulkun smashed into it pushing it up against the coral and crushing it. The blast from the tulkun's fins had us both spinning uncontrollably in the water. During which I lost sight of Loak. When I saw him again he was hovering unconscious in the water. Before I could reach him the tulkun lifted him to the surface. I couldn't swim very well. My left arm was basically numb by my side. I couldn't get to Loak, I knew it. So I swam for a rock. I broke the surface heaving my body up onto the rocks gasping greedily for breath. I took a deep breath dragging the rest of my body out of the water holding my pained arm to my chest.

"LOAK!" I screamed turning around. Relief filled me as I saw him awake and safe on the tulkuns back.

"NIN! You ok?" he asked.

"I'm Fine. You?!" I asked.

"Good. I think I made a new friend," he said. Chuckling in disbelief I flopped down onto my back. That was certainly an adventure and a half. I watched in disbelief as my brother swam with the Tulkun.  

"Nin. Meet my new friend," he stated proudly as he stood on its fin as it swam up to me. Looking into the beast's eyes I smiled brightly.

"Thank you, for saving us," I said. An affectionate sound came from him. I don't know why he saved us. But I sure am grateful that he did. 

============================================================