=Chapter 21=

My heart thundered in my chest as we pushed our Ilus to go as fast as they could. Our speed was on somewhat equal terms as theirs but they had set up a perimeter. My eyes widened in shock as a sub raced toward us. The group was split in two. Loak, Tsireya, and I going in one direction, and the others heading in the opposite. We were getting away, yet a sub launched a airbag at Tsireya, it hit her Ilu in the fin and filled with air pulling the poor creature to the surface. In the quick movement, Tsireya slipped off the Ilu and floated still in the water with a sub-headed towards her. Both Loak and I turned sharply. Loak reached her just in time pulling her out of the grasp of the crab sub. Following Tsireya's lead, we jumped off our Ilu as a dense part of the reeds and hid in the leaves. The sub passed us and followed after our mounts. 

We swam till we found an air pocket in one of the seed pods. Bursting through the surface my head snapped to the side at a high pit scream.

"Tuk?" I questioned in shock swimming over to her.

"Nin," she cried quickly latching onto me. Loak surfaced shortly after followed by Tsireya. We all breathed heavily as we waited. Hoping we had lost our pursuers. 

"Shhh." I gently calmed Tuk as the seed pod lit up. 

"It is coming," Tsireya exclaimed.

"We gotta go," Loak ushered us. We all took deep breaths before diving back down. As we swam out I looked back at the one that was following us. Then I looked to the one that appeared on our left. We were slow in the water now. We barely moved when a net was launched at us. Tsireya, Tuk, and I were in the center of the net. Too deep in to pull ourselves out. Loak however managed to pull himself out. He went to help us when two ikran dived into the water. Their claws wrapped around the netting and pulled us out of the water.

"Loak!" I cried worriedly as he dandled off the side holding on for dear life.

"Hold on, Watch out move your head!" Loak demanded pulling his knife out and beginning to cut the netting.

"Hurry," Tsireya said as we got closer and closer to the ship. Yet as soon as Loak cut a hole big enough it was too late. We were dropped harshly onto the metal deck. Loak tried his best to swipe at one of the shoulders that surrounded us but he was quickly apprehended and forced to the ground. Tsireya and Tuk were the first to get out of the net. They were both roughly grabbed and forced to the ground. Then I emerged. 

"KA!" I slammed my knife into the thigh of the woman holding Tuk. At the same time, I pulled tuk from her hold. Reaching up I jabbed my knuckle into her throat stunning her into a gasping mess as she held her thigh in pain.

My next target was the man holding Tsireya yet an echo of a gun shoot had me freezing in my spot. My eyes turned to the target to see one of the soldiers holding a gun to my brother's head.

"Move and the next one goes through his skull," he threatened. Tuk gripped onto my waist tightly as I hugged her protectively close.  My eyes flickered down to Loak and then to Tsireya, then to myself. We were all held at gunpoint. We were caught. My grip tightened on my knife before chucking it away. As soon as it was out of my grasp they rushed me, pulling us apart and throwing me to the ground. 

"Hey what are you doing stop! Don't hurt them!" My ears flickered at the familiar voice. Spider rushed up to us only to be held back by a few soldiers. 

"Spider?" Loak questioned in relief.

"Bro, you ok?" Spider asked fighting in the grip of his retainers.

"Never better cuz," Loak joked. My relieved expression turned into a hateful glare as Quaritch dismounted the ikran and strolled over to us.

"Get back to the bridge," he pointed to Spider. "And keep him there!" he snapped at the soldiers. His attention then turned to us.

"Yeah, I remember you, cuff 'em to the rail. All of them," he demanded. I struggled in the soldier's grip as he tried to drag me over to the rail. Just because I threw my dagger away doesn't mean I was going to make it easy for them. Being shoved harshly to my knees my hands were bound around the railing. Giving it a good yank I tested its stretch only to hiss in pain. Tuk was cuffed next to me and Tsireya was on my other side. 

"Be brave," Loak huffed in defeat. Shuffling closer to Tuk I shared a worried look with Loak. How the hell were we gonna get out of this? Our answer came in various war cries as we all looked to the left. Appearing from behind the rocks were the warriors of the tribe. 

"Dad!" Tuk cried in relief. I was relieved too, that was until I saw the number of soldiers that set up all with the gun trained in their direction. If they continued on they would be swimming into a massacre. I let out a breath as they stopped.

Quaritch stepped up to Loak ripping the com of his neck and ear.

"Jake tell your friends to stand down. You want your kids back, you come out alone," Quaritch began to lay out the terms of his deal. He pulled his gun from his hip holster holding it in the air to make sure dad knew what it was.

"You know better than to test my resolve," he finished placing it at the back of Loaks head.

"No loak," Tsireya called in worry. I hissed threateningly yanking harder on the cuffs. Hard enough that they cut into my skin slightly. 

"I took you under my wing Jake. You betrayed me. You killed your own. Good men, good women. I will not hesitate to execute your kid," he finished. There was a few moments of silence. 

"Offers fixing to expire. What's it gonna be?" Quaritch asked. I couldn't hear my father's reply but I saw it. He put his gun to his side and started to come forward. 

Alone.

"Easy shot," one of the soldiers commented.

"You hit him now they'll attack. Wait until he's on board," My eyes closed at Quaritch's words. 

It was a trap. 

My heart started to beat faster and faster. As soon as dad was close enough I screamed out.

"ITS A TRAP! A TRAP! DON-" I screamed as loud as I could before something jabbed into my lower back. A scream left my lips as volts of electricity coursed painfully through my body.

"NO STOP!" Loak screamed as Tuk began to cry. I slumped against the railing my body twitching the solider behind me grinning as he pulled back the shocking weapon. 

Then out of nowhere Payakan burst from the water high into the air.

And right down on the demon ship. 

============================================================