=Chapter 37=

The next morning I woke up happily encased in Aonungs embrace. Smiling I reached up to give him a small kiss before slipping out of his arm's and walking to the entrance of the hut stretching slightly. Taking a deep breath in I looked around at the village that slowly started to wake. The peace and tranquility were stunning. 

"Nin! Nin!" A wide smile spread across my face as Tuk ran up to me.

"Tuk tuk," I smiled pulling her into a hug.

"Now that you are back you can take me flying please, Please please please," she begged. I was glad to see she hadn't changed much. Looking back into the hut for Aonung I saw his already awake putting his warriors vest on.

"Go, have fun," he nodded earning an excited squeal from Tuk as she started to tug me away.

"Hey," Reaching out for him I easily pulled Tuk back. Taking his hand I stretched to my tippy toes to give him a soft kiss.

"Do not tell him without me," I begged. His smile faulted slightly but he nodded. 

Taking Tuk on a flight was entertaining, to say the least. She couldn't stop talking about all the things she had done since I was away. 

"But it's good your back. Mum was always worrying about you. And I was so angry at dad for not going to save you," Tuk stated in a matter-of-fact tone. I could understand why she would be mad. But if they had come after me they would have been killed.

"Tuk, you know that if they came after me they would have died right?" I asked. She twisted around in the saddle with wide eyes.

"Really?" she asked. I nodded.

"Oh, I didn't know that," she muttered turning back to the front the feeling of guilt filling her at her new understanding.

"Hey, but none of that matter's now. I'm home safe and sound," I said wrapping my arm around her to hug her. 

"Yeah, and you and Aonung looovvvvve each other," She drew out the word with a teasing tone making me chuckle. 

"Aonung and Nin, sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" she started to sing. I simply shook my head with my signature wide smile. 

"What about you tuk? Anyone you fancy?" I asked tickling her side.

"Ew gross. I'm never gonna chose a mate," she said definitively.

"Why not?" I asked.

"They're too much work," she stated simply making me chuckle.

"I don't know. Having a mate isn't too bad," I said.

"You're not gonna trick me," She stated.

"Alright. I won't trick you then," I said. When I was little I had always looked forward to the day that I would find my mate. To see the love my father and mother shared for each other. Who wouldn't want that.

When we returned to the village I bid Tuk good by as she ran off to harass some other poor soul. Noticing Spider walking up I waved at him.

"Spider!" I called. Running over to me he gave me a smile waiting for what I had to say.

"Can we talk?" I asked. He frowned but nodded gesturing for me to lead the way. Taking him to a secluded place on the beach I steady my heart as I turned to him.

"What's this about Nin?" he asked.

"Why did you save him?" My question had Spider's face paling. He knew exactly who I was referring to. 

"How did you know?" he asked shakily.

"I spoke with him. He told me it all," I whispered. He let out a shaky breath sinking to sit on the sand.

"Are you gonna tell Neytiri?" he asked as I slowly sat next to him.

"No, but I have to tell my father that Quaritch is alive. I won't tell them it was because of you," I assured him.

"D-Do you hate me?" he asked to fight off tears. I remembered back to the time i had found out. I remembered the utter rage that filled me. 

"I did. At first. I was so mad that I wanted to put an arrow through you. Then I started to think about it. He is your father. And I know I would do anything to save mine. Then I thought you must have had a good reason, So what is this good reason that's keeping you alive?" I asked with a somewhat teasing smile as I nudged him.

"The science guys, They wanted information. They had this machine," I nodded in understanding. I had seen that machine. I had felt the pain of it prying into your mind. Trying to rip information out. 

"He saved me. Took me along so they couldn't get their hands on me," he explained.

"A life for a life," he murmured.

"Well, that's a better reason than I thought," I chuckled easing his worries instantly. he had missed my laughs, my smile. My ability to make him feel welcomed in any situation. 

"Does Kiri know?" I asked. he nodded.

"She was the only one I told," he said.

"What did she say?" I asked. I didn't know how Kiri had reacted to such news.

"She didn't say anything for a bit. Then she just smiled and told me she understood," he relayed the events. I could see Kiri reacting in that way. After all she deeply cared for him. 

"So your not gonna tell anyone I saved Quaritch?" he asked needed the assurance of a second confirmation.

"What?!" Both our head snapped around fear sinking into my gut at what I saw.

Loak stood there. His face splashed with confusion and shock as he emerged from the palm leaves.

"Loak," I whispered.

"What did you just say?" Loak asked marching up to us. I quickly placed myself in between Spider and Loak.

"Loak come on. Let's just," I tried to move him away. Yet he didn't even spare me a glance his gaze was on Spider.

"No, he should know," Spider spoke up.

"No spider," I tried to warn him but he was having none of it. He gulped gathering up his courage.

"When the ship was sinking, I save Quaritch," Spider rushed the words out. Loak's expression became shadowed by pure rage. His hand reached for his knife gripping it tightly and yanking it from its sheath.

"SPIDER RUN!" I yelled. 

"Move Nin," Loak hissed as Spider ran for his life.

"Loak calm down. Think about it," I placed my hands on his chest trying to calm him down. His furious gaze then turned to me.

"You're defending the man that saved our brother's killer?" He hissed. I pressed my lips together casing my eyes down.

"Spider is our brother as well," I whispered. For a moment a flash of hesitation crept across Loaks eyes. But it left as quickly as it appeared.

"Move," he hissed. Returning my gaze to his I squared my shoulders unmoving. He chucked a hiss at me moving around me. With a shaky breath, I followed after him. Knowing that whatever came next wasn't going to be good. 

============================================================