=Chapter 7=

"I apologize for my mate she-"

"Do not apologize for me-"

"She's come a long way and is exhausted,"

"Jake," my mother huffed as she locked eyes with father as they, argued. With a huff my mother backed down resiliently.

"Toruk Makto is a great war leader. All Navi people know his story. But we are not at war," the chief said addressing his people. I wished so much to step forward and announce that they were indeed at war. The humans didn't care about the clans. That they only saw Navi as an obstacle to get to there goal. Instead I stayed silent. Tuk tugged dad's tail so he turned around and picked her up holding her close.

"We can not let you bring your war here," the chief said apologetically.

"I'm done with war ok. I just want to keep my family safe," he said. The chief looked over us all. A pathetic image really. The chief eyes rested on my bound shoulder.

"Auktoro has been asked," My mother stated.

The chief looked at his mate as they spoke silently with their eyes. They seemed to come to an agreement as he turned to his people. 

"Toruk Makto and his family will stay with us. Treat them as our brothers and sisters," he announced relief washing over my father.

"They do not know the sea. So they will be like babies taking their first breath. Teach them our ways so they do not suffer the shame of being useless," the chief made a point with those words. He wasn't just going to take us in, we need to work for that. 

"Alright what do we say?" father asked. Different thankyou's passed from our mouths. Kiri's with a roll of her eyes.

"Our son Aonung our daughter Tsireya will show your children what to do," The chief said. The boy from before didn't like this at all.

"Father why do I have to" he spoke up in protest.

"It is decided," the chief cut him off.

"Come, I will show you our village," Tsireya said with a bright smile. We gathered our things and were led through the village. It was beautiful. Huts hung up in the mangrove, water underneath. And it was bouncy. Tuk jumped up and down as we made our way through the village. People gave us curious but cautious looks. Then we came to our hut. 

I was busy unpacking when I went to have something up but flinched as my shoulder twitched.

"Damn, "I hissed. Instantly dad was at my side.

"It's fine," I tried to dismiss it but he was having none of it.

"Give us a look," he said pulling me around. Unwrapping my shoulder he sighed. The healing had been good so far. The inside had healed. It had come to just a scab, the final stage of healing. 

"It's looking a bit infected," he said. 

"My mother is a great healer. She would be happy to examine your wound," Tsireya said.

"Yeah, go get checked out," father said pulling the bandage back up. 

Hesitantly following her we came to a large hut, myself stopping at the entrance.

"Mother," as she entered her mother smiled at her only for it to fall when she saw me. 

"What is she doing here?" she asked.

"She is injured mother," Tsireya said gently placing a hand on my shoulder and gently pulling me in. Now in the hut, I could see the chief and the son there as well. Aonung stood his eyes examining me.