=Chapter 8=

Whatever herbs Ronal used worked. The scab had fallen off to reveal the light blue scar underneath. 

With my arm in the clear, we finally had to learn. I watched as our three teachers Tsireya, Aonung, and Rotxo elegantly dived into the water.

I then watched my brothers jump in not so gracefully. I then waited for Tuk and Kiri to jump in before diving in myself. Kiri loved to eat a certain clam-like animal that lived in the deep rivers. I would often dive down to gather them. I spent a lot of time underwater. You had to hold your breath for a bit to actually get to them. Diving down past my brothers I swam up to the others.

It was beautiful the reef and sea creatures swam around us. It felt like a whole other world. To put it simply it was magical. The cool water felt great against my shoulder as well. Pausing next to the others I turned around to see my siblings a bit away from us. They followed for a bit before needing to surface. We paused as I frowned in slight worry. 

My frown deepened as I watched Tsireya sign something to them. When my brothers showed clear signs of not understanding she smiled and gestured them over. We swam a bit more before they had to surface again. Having turned around to watch them my motion kept going pushing me backward slightly. A bubble of air left my lips in slight shock as I bumped into something. Spinning around I looked up at Aonung who reached out to steady me. His grip gently casing my forearms. He signed something but I didn't understand. Tilting my head to the side I shrugged in confusion before pushing off on the coral and swimming to the surface. Taking deep breaths a smiled at my siblings.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" I asked my siblings who nodded and smiled back. The others emerged from the water beside us shortly after.

"Are you alright?" Tsireya asked.

"You're too fast to wait for us," Tuk said. Swimming over to her I hooked my arm under her taking both our weights and allowing her to take a little break.

"Just breath," Tsireya said as her brother surfaced beside her.

"You are not good divers. Mabey good at swimming through trees but," I stifled a laugh as his sister slapped his head.

"Come on bro," Loak huffed at the insult.

"We don't speak this finger talk, you guys. We don't know what you're saying," Neteyam said.

"I will teach you," Tsireya said.

"Where is Kiri," Rotxo asked. I frowned as I looked around. After a bit we found her playing with fish. 

After that, we stood on a small underwater island, the water came up to our hips. Aonung let out clicks of his tongue and a small assortment of strange animals calls.  Three creatures came up and circled around us. They looked like an ikran almost. Just a bit fatter and small with thicker wings, or fins. Their faces looked cuter as well. Aonung turned to us.

"These are ilu. If you want to live here, you have to ride," he stated. Turning to my left I smiled as one poked its head out of the water sniffing me inquisitively. Slowly I extended my hand out to him. Well, I assumed it was a him. 

"Hello," I smiled. He sniffed my hand before pushing up against it. I ran my hand down his head and scratched behind his queue. 

"He likes you," I smiled and Aonung as he walked over.

"Does he have a name?" I asked.

"Gouli," he said.

"Well it's very nice to meet you Gouli," I said. In response, I got a chirp as he nestled into me. 

"Nin," Neteyam called. Turning to him he gestured to Loak with a wide grin.

"Don't hurt yourself," I called instantly as I saw Loak on the back of an ilu. He didnt even asked for any tips. He just dived into it without any preparation. Then he was off. Quick, fast and very unsuccessful. I laughed along with the rest as he was quickly thrown off and the ilu. 

"Your turn," Aonung said gesturing to my ilu at my side.

"How do you ride him?" I asked looking over the saddle.

"Well you get on the saddle first,"he said.

"Will you show me?" I suggested. With a huff he mounted the ilu. Walking around him I examined the position of his body. Reaching up I placed a hand on his bent knee.

"Why do you do this? Doesn't it provide more resistance in the water?" I asked moving closer to see how he held the reigns. I failed to see him staring at my face. To Aonung was was stunning, The warm smile i held on my lips and the droplets of water that sat on my skin had his slightly speechless. I had failed to see the others staring at me as well. When I got no response I looked up at him. Cleaning his throat he looked away.

"No, it uh, it helps keeps us stationary. So our body doesn't go flapping around in the water," he stated. Nodding I hummed. Cleaning his throat again he hopped off. Jumping on I took my queue and the ilu queue and gently connected them. Taking a deep breath I placed my hand on his neck. Our heartbeats and breath sinked as I reached forward taking ahold of the reins.

"Are you ready?" Aonung asked. Nodding I opened my eyes. We moved forward slowly, above water at first. Then we speed up and dived under the water. A wide smile spread across my face as we speed up gliding through the water effortlessly. Then we swam for the surface. We broke the surface jumping high into the air an excited cry leaving my lips before we plunged back into the water.  After swimming a bit more I broke the surface back near the others.

"Well done. You did very well," Tsireya said as my brothers cheered for me.

"Begins luck," Loak huffed.

"Aren't you a beginner too brother?" I asked with a teasing smirk. 

"You were always a better rider," Neteyam said holding his hand up for a high four. 

"Damn right," I said returning the high five.

============================================================