=Chapter 33=

"Let's do this," I huffed walking through the waist-deep water. Before Aonung and I could become mates I had to pass the last trial. Taming a skywing. I started to tame this particular one for two years before I left. So I had no clue how it was going to react after four years apart. Aonung and Tonaowari held the skimwing as I pulled myself onto its back connecting our queues. 

"You ready?" Aonung asked.

"Let's get it done," I gave him a grin. Then I was off. The number of times I had been thrown, bashed, and almost drowned on the back of this thing was unaccountable. Yet I didn't give up. A whole day had passed when I decided I needed a little break. Floating on my back I breathed deeply watching the damn thing swim around me almost tauntingly. Slapping my hand down on the water I swam over to try again.

"Look here, I'm not giving up so it's just gonna be you and me. Let's see who gives up first," I said looking into his eyes. Pulling myself up again I tried again. I continued to try late into the night before Aonung called it. 

The next morning I was ready again this time with leather straps around my hands. 

This went on for a week till suddenly it was like a switch was flicked. We had a perfect run. I didn't fall off once. I had tamed him. Loak who had been a constant spectator and laughter at my failures cheered from the shore.

"Hahahaha!"  I cheered.

"Thankyou," I said patting the skimwing. Once you tamed a skimwing you were to give it a name.

"Thankyou Nete," I whispered. 

Walking back to the village I chuckled pushing Loak away as he joked about something or other. I had completed the final trial. Now everything could start. 

"Sylwanin," I frowned turning around to see an old face.

"Godoul?" I questioned. If I remember correctly he was one of Aonung's friends.

"How are you? It's been a long time," he said walking up to me with a smile.

"Indeed it has. How have you been?" I asked politely as he stood a bit too close for my liking.

"I've been well. How about yourself?" He asked as I purposely took a step back, being put off as his eyes shamelessly roamed my body. 

"I've been well," I nodded.

"I like the new hair style," he said reaching up to gently tug at one of my braids. I chuckled nervously taking a large step back as Loak took a step forward.

"I'll see you around Sylwanin," he said smiling at me and looking over Loak before moving away. We both shared confused looks before shrugging and continuing to walk. 

"That was weird," he said.

"Yeah," I muttered. Walking through the village I unwrapped my hand flinching slightly at the very small-sized cut. 

"What did you do?" I almost jumped as two hands snaked themselves around my waist Aonung peeking over my shoulder to inspect my hand. 

"Just a small cut," I said dismissively turning around with a wide smile.

"I tamed my Skimwing," I said. He smiled brightly letting out an excited chuckle.

"That is good. But first, let's deal with this," he said holding up my cut hand.

"It's barely a cut," I huffed. It really was beardly a cut, it was very shallow and only the size of a fingernail.

"Come," he said simply turning me around and leading me away by the shoulders. Sitting down in the healer's hut he examined my hands his movement and grip gentle and soft.