=Chapter 18=

I giggle as Tsireya pulled me away. I couldn't believe I had just done that. My heart was still pounding. 

"You were amazing," she exclaimed with bright eyes.

"Really? I didn't mess up?" I asked. She shook her head with another giggle.

"Sister, Sylwanin," Aonung walked up to us.

"I'll see you soon," Tsireya said giving her brother a knowing smile before walking off. We stood for a moment looking each other up and down. Aonung now close took his time taking in every aspect of me. He loved the outfit but what he loved more was the smile I gave him. 

"So how did I do?" I asked.

"There are no words," he said simply with a wave of his hand. I chuckled looking over his outfit.

"You look nice," I said gently tugging at one of the knots on his shoulder piece. 

"Not nearly as nice as you," he said stepping a bit closer.

"You look very beautiful tonight," he whispered seeming lost in his mind as he reached up to brush his knuckle's along my cheek. I blushed with a small chuckle.

"Well, you look very handsome as well," I said seeming to break him out of his trance. A stuttered response dribbled out of his mouth when he realized what he had said. He really wasn't sure what to do with my complement. If he was honest he wanted more of them.

"Here," he said shoving his hand out with an open palm a small shell sitting upon it.

"What is this?" I asked gently taking it and pulling it closer to my face to examine it. It was blue and white with a speckled pattern upon it.

"You have sung your first song for the village. It is a bead for your song cord," he stated. A bright smile spread across my face as I pulled my son's cord from my waist belt finding the end and weaving the shell into it. All the while Aonung stood watching me intently with a faint smile. 

"Thank you," I said looking over it before looking back up at him. We stared for a few moments until a grumble of my stomach inturepeed us.

"Let's go get some food," he said simply. I nodded as we walked over to the great fire pits. As we walked and talked our hands briefly brushed each other. Then my pinky reached out grabbing his. I didn't look for his reaction, perhaps I was too nervous to. My nerves quickly disappeared replaced by a giddy feeling as his hand slipped into mine interweaving our fingers. We didn't say anything. Smiles only grew on our lips as we continued.

It was a wondrous night. Filled with music, happiness, dance, and food. Kiri even came out of her shell a little. We danced till we could dance no more. We ate till our stomachs were full. We smiled till our cheeks hurt and we sang till our voices were a horse. 

I was filled with unbridled joy that night. The celebration went on the whole night without pause. As the sun began to rise I sat in the sand next to Aonung laughing at something or other. We simply talked. Talked about anything and everything. Our hands intertwined. My heart was at peace. But I was damn tired. I suppose my body just decided to fall asleep. My head slowly fell to Aonung shoulder as I fought off the sleep and failed. Aonung simply smiled reaching his arm around me and pulling me slightly closer to better support me. In my deep sleep I was slightly pulled out of it by the sound of a giggle. I was being carried I knew that much, two arms kept me encased to a chest. A very warm chest. Snuggling into it I heard a shaky breath but payed no mind. Little did I know Aonung had been carrying me back to the hut and when I snuggled into him my lips had planted themselves firmly on his neck. 

When I awoke I was in my hut with the rest of my family. A bright smile spread across my face as I took notice of the small little blue shell handing at the end of my song cord. It was a wondorouse night. And one I would surely not forget.