=Chapter 39=

Sitting in my hut I gently bounced Toru as he rested against my chest swaying side to side. 

"Just stop bleeding you bloody bastard," I huffed whipping my nose yet again with a rag. Glancing down I smiled softly seeing Toru fast asleep. 

"Nin. Can I go play with my friends?" Tuk asked tugging at my hand.

"Alright. Be back before eclipse alright," I said. She nodded with a smile before rushing off. At the sound, Toru started to fuss slightly. 

"Shh shh shh," I whispered before I started to hum my song cord. I watched Tuk run off to her friends unable to help the warm smile. Tuk fit in well with the others. She wasn't faced with the same hesitance we had to deal with when we first arrived. 

At the song, Toru lifted his head to stare at me inquisitively. His little five-fingered hand reached up gently pulling at one of my bairds. Sitting down I chuckled as he gave me a bright toothy smile. Toru looked like Loak and father. All the Avatar features.

Aonung's pov

Walking back up to the hut I paused upon seeing Sylwanin sitting there. Toru cradled in her arms. The warm smile I loved so much resting on her face as she hummed to him. 

She was good with children. Always had been. Before she left she either had Toru or Atsue in a sling offering to babysit whenever necessary. 

As I watched a smile of my spread across my face. And a sneaky little thought entered my mind. A picture of Sylwanin in the same position but with a child of our own. I wondered what our child would look like. I didn't care much. But if we did have a child I would want them to have their mother's eyes. So bright and gold like the sun. 

Sylwanin pov

"Hi Aonung, Nin can I share some of the food with my friends?" Tuk rushed into the hut to greet Aonung who stood at the side. Four of her friends followed after. Briefly smiling at Aonung in greeting I turned to Tuk.

"Alright. be careful though. It's still hot," I said the children cheering before sitting down. Holding Toru in one arm I served out the remainder of the food. Aonung walked around the children coming to sit beside me.

"Is there food left for me?" his question was answered with a portion of food being placed in his hand followed by a gentle kiss on the lips.

"Welcome home," I said. He smiled back moving to press himself against my side one hand wrapped around my waist his thumb brushing the skin as he ate.

"You should have seen it Nin. As big as a boat," I smiled turning into the story the kids were telling.

"Really?" I asked. I bathed in the happy atmosphere. A needed change from what had happened before. A hut is full of children. My husband by my side. It reminded me of my own childhood. A good childhood I hoped to give my own children someday. 

"Nin," I paused briefly looking up to Aonung who held a worried look as he reached up cupping my face taking in the blood that dripped down my lips.

"Ah, shit," I whispered.

"Sylwanin," he sighed.

"I'm fine. Loak isn't as small as he used to be," I chuckled.

"Loak did this?" he asked in anger.

"Do not be angry. He found out about Quaritch," I explained. 

"Still," he huffed grabbing a cloth to gently whip the blood away. I smiled cupping his cheek.

"Im fine, really," I said. 

The day passed and when night rolled around I got Tuk in bed and placed Toru in a small hammock. Standing next to him I gently rocked him. 

"I heard what had happened," Aonung said stepping up behind me and slipping an arm around my waist to rest on my stomach. His head dipped down to place a kiss on my shoulder as he pressed himself to me.

"A rift has been torn through my family Aonung. And it is a deep one," I whispered. 

"Are you alright?" he asked softly.

"I do not know," I whispered. He blinked in slight shock. the answer to that question had always been "I'm fine". So it worried him. Turning me around he pressed our foreheads to each other. Something I learnt meant more to him than a kiss.

"I am here for you," he murmured. I smiled reaching up to hold his cheek.

"I know," I whispered. Hearing Toru grumble I quickly turned around placing my hand on his small chest to calm him. And instantly he settled.

"You will be a great mother," Aonung whispered. I wasn't one to be prideful. Yet when Aonung said that I couldn't help but let that pride shine through.

"And you will be a great father," I added turning to smile at him. 

"And when were are a mother and father. How many children will we have?" he asked.

"I don't know. Ten?" I suggested earning a chuckle from him.

"Ten, such a small number?" he asked jokingly.

"Well, one won't do. They need to have a sibling. And two well that's just a recipe for disaster. Three is the minimum," I stated noticing that Aonung wasn't listening to a word I was saying. He was just dreamily looking over me his hand clasping behind me to pull me into him.

"What about you? How many kids do you want?" I asked reaching up to gently tug on the braid I had weaved into his hair.

"Having a child is painful to a woman. I will be happy with any amount. Even if that amount is Zero," he said honestly. To hear that from him. To know I was enough, just as myself. It calmed me. 

"And if we were to have a child what would we name them?" I asked with a content smile.

"I don't know. I have to meet them first. When I see them. Then we will know what their name is," he said simply. 

"And this child? Will it be a boy or a girl?" I asked.

"I'm not picky. Whatever eywa decided to bless us with. I will love it either way. But," he leaned in close to whisper into my ear. "I would want a girl. A girl that looks as beautiful as her mother," he stated. I chuckled shaking my head leaning into him resting my head on his chest.

"And just like that. My worries are gone," I whispered as he rested his chin atop my head. 

"All part of the plan," he boasted.

"Yeah sure," I said gently smacking his stomach. He chuckled.

"It is a pity though. I'll have to keep my hands to myself tonight," he said.

"Oh, how will you survive?" I asked teasingly walking over to the bed. Aonung chuckled shaking his head and watching me walk away. 

"I don't think I will," he huffed moving to my side. 

Curling up in his embrace I place my head upon his chest letting the rhythmic beats of his heart lul me to sleep.

============================================================