=Chapter 2=

The sky people had no regard for the great mother, nor the great balance. It saddened me every time I saw their structures. They didn't care what lived on the ground they cleared. They cared for nothing but this thing they called money. It was a hard concept to grasp. People working for money, then having to use it to live. In the village, everyone helped everyone. 

The attack was well planned. Explosives were set on the tracks of a supply train. Once father gave the all clear the explosives were set off. It was a fiery mess. The explosion ripped the bridge, destroying it. In turn, the train went head over heels and exploded into a fiery heap. Two black hawks circled the destruction ready to pick off any attackers, they were quickly taken down by my parents, one each respectively. 

My brothers and my job was to circle at a distance and keep our eyes out for anything. Loak had other ideas. I had hoped he would realize how important this mission was. How it was important to show father we could be trusted. 

He didn't.

The warriors rushed in to steal the supplies. Loading them onto Direhorse's and Ikran's. The three of us banked allowing Loak to get a clear look at it all.

"We have got to get down there," Loak called enthusiastically, his devious excited grin spread wide across his face. 

"No way dad will skin us," Neteyam responded trying to be the voice of reason. A voice Loak rarely listened to.

"Come on don't be a wuss," Loak gave a cheeky grin before diving down.

"Loak! No!" I called before diving after him fully planning on pulling him by the ear back into the sky. Maybe I could save his dumb ass before father saw.

"Loak Get back here you. UGH!" Neteyam yelled before following after. As we landed Loak quickly rushed off. 

"Come on let's go. Come on," he beckoned.

"Loak get back here. Dad will be furious," I called rushing after him Neteyam hot on my heels. Loak eagerly reached for a gun he was handed before turning back to us and letting out an excited cry.

"Loak," I hissed grabbing his arm.

"You don't even know how to use that," Neteyam said pointing at it as he took his other arm and pulled him back in the direction of the ikran. Shaking his arms free he stopped loading the gun and cocking it.

"Dad taught me," he stated proudly before aiming it at nothing in particular.

"We need to go, Please," I begged. With a huff, he nodded. Before we could move our father's voice ripped through the comms.

"Gunships inbound. Fall back," I shared a fearful look with my brothers before we rushed for our ikrans.

"Come on!" Loak called. Blasts echoed around us as Neteyam took my hand making sure I was right by his side.

"Go!" Loak yelled pushing me. Even though I was a better fighter than them both I was still their little sister. Mid stride a wave of heat and force crashed into my back sending my brothers and I flying into the air.

I had been shocked by the blast. My ears were ringing, my vision was blurry. My head was pounding, but I wasn't sure if that was just my own heart beat or more explosions. I gasped when through the shock a pain emitted from my thigh. Grunting I pulled my body up till I was on my hands and knees trying to gather my mind. I coughed the smoke from my lungs as I looked around. Neteyam's hand still tightly held mine.

"Neteyam?!" I exclaimed in worry rolling his body over. He blinked in confusion. He was hurt but not to the point where it was life threatening.  My eyes snapped up scanning for my way out as I tried to pull him up. Seeing my father through the smoke I called out.