=Chapter 27=

Two years had passed since then. My family had started to heal. Yet there were still some dividers, some places of tension. But life had finally gotten somewhat back to normal. 

Normal enough for us to continue our lives.

Loak now with a spirit brother went through many trials of the clan. He was set to become a full warrior soon. So was Aonung.

And so was I. 

I had bonded with a Tulkun. A wonderful Tulkun female named Nirena. She was a serious thing, some even called her a bit mean. But once you got past her cold nature she was wonderful. She was a true friend. She helped me heal. Strangely enough we both bonded over the fact that we had lost a brother. 

I had completed many of the trials of the tribe. There was one I had yet to accomplish. It was a simple one but I was in no rush. 

Aonung and I had grown impossibly close. We joked, laughed, and talked to our heart's content often spending most of our day together. 

Tsireya and Loak had gotten closer as well. No surprise there. 

Spider had accumulated to living on the water. Even for us as Navi, it was hard to do but as a human, it was even harder. He was persistent though. And he did it. 

The threat of Quaritch had become a whisperer. He was dead after all so my father felt as much peace as he could.

The RDA seemed to become silent, though the war was still happening back in the forest. Without their demon ship, they couldn't hunt any more Tulkun. 

There was peace.

Ronal had her baby. A beautiful little girl names Atsue.

Mother grew pregnant again. This time with a little boy she named Toru.

All was going well. Well enough that when I turned sixteen I asked my father if I could return to the forest for a short while.

You see when a young omatikaya woman came to the age of sixteen she would have the chance to go though a set of rituals. A set of rituals that would enable her to serve along side the Tsahik. Grandmother had been so excited for me and Kiri to do it. Although Kiri didn't think much of it I knew how important it was to grandmother. 

At first, my father was against it. Of course, he didn't want to see his little girl go off on her own. But mother convinced him otherwise. Something about forging my own path.

I wasn't gonna lie I was a bit scared of the journey. It was the first I would do alone. But I was excited. I was going to see my grandmother again. 

The night before I was to leave my family all gathered around our fire and ate a big meal. 

"Are you sure your gonna let her go alone? I mean what if she gets lost?" Loak asked teasingly.

"Say's the one who got us lost last time," I grinned back.

"I think you'll do remarkably," Kiri said giving me a side hug.

"I should be going with you," mother said with a small frown. I simply smiled reaching over to gently take Torus's little hand in mine. He was resting in her arms soundly asleep after his feed.

"Toru needs you now. I will be fine mother," I said giving her the best reassuring smile I could give. 

"You go straight there and straight back," she said.

"I know, and I follow the island path and stop every night. I know mum," I said. She tsked her tongue and reached over to cup my cheek with a proud smile.