=Chapter 11=

A few days later we were deep in the reef collecting scallops. On our back stuck these animals that I would only describe as fairy wings. They provided oxygen under the water. While I was collecting the scallop some light caught in the corner of my eye. Looking over I saw Aonung and Neteyam swimming by on Ilu. Smiling I waved as they waved back.

'You like him,' Tuk appeared beside me with a silly grin. Shaking my head I pushed her away.

The next day I was in a language lesson, sitting on the beach with Aonung when he signed a new word. A word that involved holding up your left hand. Holding it up his smile faulted as he saw it. His eyes scanned all five of my fingers. 

"What?" I asked.

"I-I I just haven't noticed before," he muttered.

"Does it matter whether you noticed or not?" I asked hesitantly.

"Are you not ashamed?" he asked. As soon as the words left his mouth he was filled with regret. My lips pressed together as anger was ignited inside me. Ashamed? Ashamed of my hand? Of my fathers blood? the same hand snapped out delivering crips hit to his cheek before I stood and walked off. Aonung brushed his cheek shocked by the hit.

"Wait, Sylwanin, I didn't mean I just," he rushed after me reaching for my arm. I turned back around swatting his hand away.  I glared hard daring him to say another thing.

"I just. Your father is a demon. The demons kill Navi. How are you not ashamed?" he asked. he genuinely seemed confused and curious. I didn't see that though. I saw a boy who insulted my father. And on top of that, he dare ask me if I am ashamed.

"Ashamed? Who do you think you are?" I hissed. 

"I am proud of my father!" I hissed jabbing his chest. Aonung was about to say something but I didn't let him.

"He is a great man. He was born human. Not demon! You call humans demons. But you are wrong. Human's love, and care just like us," Human my not look like us. but they were just as capable to experience feelings. "Yes, they do not have respect for Eywa. But can learn!" I hissed. 

"My father learned the ways of the Navi. He learned to cherish Eywa. He protected my people when the humans tried to eradicate us. He lead the war parties. He saved the scared tree of Eywa and nearly died in the process. He protected the people. He was Toruk Makto. The greatest honor amongst our people. He was the Olo'eyktan. He lead our people to safety. And he gave it all up to protect my siblings and me. How could I be anything but proud!" I ranted, my voice and anger raising till I stepped up to Aonung. I wanted so much to just strangle him. Or at least hit him again.

"Exactly. The human's want us dead," he argued.

"I am human as well!" I snapped his ears flattening as he realized his mistake. I held my five-fingered hand up.

"Demon blood you say. All I see is one little extra finger, Eywa has seen this hand. And yet she still brings me into her embrace. She does not care. So neither do I," I hissed. Glaring deeply I shock my head in dispointment before trying to walk away again.

"Sylwanin, I'm sorry I didn't mean," he rushed around me blacking my path with an apologetic expression.

"I know what you mean," I hissed brushing past him. 

"Do not follow," I warned over my shoulder. 

To say I was angry was an understatement. I flew almost all the time. I did anything i could think of to get my anger out of my system but nothing really worked. I had never been this angry before, then again nobody has ever asked me such a question. It hurt as well, a small dull pain in the bottom of my heart. I avoided Aonung at all time, not even looking at his direction. I had just finished flying when I was walking home and I saw a very interesting scene. Four guys ganging up on my brothers. I didn't waste any time. I ripped the boy off my brother from his braid. I then grabbed his shoulders bending him down to slam my knee into his stomach. Winded by the blow I chucked him to the left. I then grabbed the other when he tried to strike me flipping him over my shoulder and throwing him next to the other. He too was winded by the blow. Grabbing Neteyam by the shoulder I yanked him back out of reach of a blow of another. Dodging another blow my fist snapped out cracking against his nose. He stumbled back and then I faced Aonung. He was about to attack until he saw who it was deciding to only step up to me.