=Chapter 36=

Slowly turning around I wasn't sure how to process the emotions running through me. I hoped when I saw Spider for the first time it would be easy. That my brain would be able to tell me the best course of action. It didn't. It was just blank.

"Nin!" As Spider laid his eyes on me he beamed with excitement. He had grown, he looked more mature but he was still small to me. I had seen Spider as my brother. As someone, I could trust. My mind was constantly replying all the happy times we had together. Now I wasn't sure what I saw him as. He started making his way towards me his steps faltering as he saw my blank expression. Flashes of his father's face raced through my mind. All I could see was the fact that the man in front of me saved the man that killed my brother. 

"Nin?" he questioned. Everyone frowned at me unsure of what I was doing. Taking a deep breath I squashed all the emotions deep down as I kneeled. Coming face to face with him I wasn't sure if I wanted to stab him or hug him.

"Nin?" he questioned again. 

"It's good to see you, monkey boy," I whispered. In the end, my better nature won. He smiled moving forward to hug me. I returned the hug my mind screaming that this would be the perfect chance to punged my knife deep into his heart. But I couldn't do it. 

"Come on you guys! Foods ready!" Dad called. Spider grinned at me before rushing off with Kiri to get food. Standing a shaky breath left my lips.

"Sylwanin?" Aonung whispered in questioning stepping up to my side.

"I'm fine," I whispered forcing a smile going to approach the others.

"Sylwanin," he wasn't falling for it. His hand gently intertwined with mine as he pulled me back. I avoided his gaze huffing. He gently hooked his finger under my chin lifting it and forcing me to look at him. 

"What troubles you?" he asked. My eyes flickered to the happy atmosphere of our families.

"Not now. Let us just enjoy this moment," I said. He followed my gaze and nodded understandingly.

"If you wish," he said. I nodded forcing a smile and walked to join the rest of the family. And we enjoyed the evening. Eating, laughing, and simply savoring the moment. 

Later that night I lay on my back I absentmindedly played with my song cord humming the verses coming to a stop at a certain section. Moving past it I hummed the last cord.

"Sylwanin," Aonung whispered pulling me tighter into his side.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" I asked rolling over till my head rested on his shoulder. 

"No, I have been waiting till you are ready to talk," he said simply opening his eyes and smiling down at me. I thought for a moment reaching up to brush my fingers under his chin.

"Quaritch is alive," my words had Aonung's body tensing up his features darkening.

"How do you know?" he asked. My mouth moved as I tried to force words from it. As I tried to explain I found the words falling short.

"Promise you won't be angry," I begged. He sat up at the request knowing that whatever I would say next would definitely make him mad. Slowly sitting up I sighed grasping his hand and avoiding his gaze.

"For some time I was a prisoner of the sky people," I whispered. Aonung lips pressed together as he fought off a hiss, his ears flattening.

"Sylwanin," his tone held disappointment, not in me but in himself. 

"It was only a short time. The lawyer's Norm was talking about quickly got me released," I quickly interjected. Silence wafted over us as my thumbs brushed against the back of Aonungs palm.