WHERE YOU LEFT YOUR HEART

   MYSTIC FALLS, SEVEN YEARS LATER;

   "Well?"

   "Ssh." Mira didn't even spare Hope a glance, as she focused on counting out the money she'd gotten from Henry.

   Their plan wasn't exactly a solid one. In fact, there was barely a plan at all, all they had was the idea they'd came up with one night. After a moment, Mira gave a nod, and Hope let out a long sigh of relief as she slumped into her desk chair. Now, after so long of planning, they finally had the funds that they needed to follow through. 

   "With the money from Henry, paired with all the money we've saved from our birthdays...it's just about enough." Mira nodded, quickly gathering the notes laid on the bed and putting them back into their established hiding place. "All we need is the stuff we have at home."

   Mira had been hesitant about Hope's plan to sell her blood to Henry. Henry was one of the kinder guys at their school, and one of the very few who knew their secret, thanks to being one apart of the Crescent wolves. They weren't just ordinary Hope Marshall and Mira Gilbert, they were Mikaelsons, and Hope was Henry's one chance of getting exactly what he wanted. Mira wasn't sure Henry knew entirely what he was getting himself into, but he seemed more certain and determined then ever to go follow through.

   Mira just hoped he wouldn't come to regret it later, as there was no way back.

   Before either girl could say anything else, they quickly scrambled to make themselves look busy upon a knock on their door. "Come in." Hope called after a few seconds, as they both made it seem as if they'd just been doing homework. The door to their dorm room opened, and they were both met with a unreadable look from Dorian. "Mr. Williams." The eldest of the two Mikaelsons stood up. "What's up?"

   "Mr. Saltzman wants to see you both." He glanced between the two girls. "It's about Henry Benoit."

   Mira bit down hard on her bottom lip, glancing at Hope who glanced back at her, knowing there was no way they could lie their way out of this one. "Is, um," Hope began quietly. "Is Mr. Saltzman calling our moms?"

   "That, and he thinks your dad should know what you've been up to." Dorian told Hope specifically, Mira unsurprised he didn't look in her direction.

   It's not like her dad would even know who Mr. Saltzman wanted to talk to him about.

   Hope let out a slightly bitter scoff, sitting back down in her seat. "Yeah. Good luck finding him."

   "Pack your bags, Hope. And yours, Mira." Dorian informed them both. "You're going home." With that, he left the room and closed the door, the two cousins waiting till he was gone to let out their small, pleased smiles show.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

   Audrey Gilbert's fingers twirled the engagement ring on the chain around her neck absentmindedly, lost within her thoughts until she felt Hayley rest her hand on her knee. She glanced at the Marshall woman beside her, who raised a brow in concern, but Audrey simply gave a small smile as she shook her head in assurance. Luckily for her, Hayley didn't get to push the matter further, as Poppy approached their table with a tray in hand.