LXI - NO MORE HEARTBREAKS

   Just when it seemed they were getting somewhere, it was like something just had to go wrong. And of course, Lucien was the cause of it. Cami arrived at the compound early that morning, and Klaus soon discovered why. Lucien had bit her the night before, as some sort of revenge for what had happened with Aurora. When she collapsed in Klaus's arms, he quickly brought her upstairs to everyone else, and everyone was determined to find a way to help her. 

   "Cami?" Hayley asked in concern, looking toward the blonde who sat rather dazed on the couch. She glanced at Audrey, who looked just as worried as she did, before looking back at Cami. "Cami, hey. Are you alright?"

   Cami swallowed hard and forced a smile, as the two sat down near her. "Yeah. Considering."

   "Hold still." Klaus instructed as he sat down beside her, holding a cloth and jar in hand from Freya. "This is going to burn."

   Taking her arm, he pressed the cloth over the bite, and Cami hissed as it instantly began to sting. "Ow." She winced. "What is that?"

   "It's a healing salve." Freya explained, standing by the desk with her arms crossed. "Motherwort, white willow bark, the recipe's over a thousand years old."

   "So the good stuff, huh?" The O'Connell woman tried to lighten the mood.

   "It will ease the pain, dull the symptoms." Freya nodded, biting her lip sadly. "But it won't stop the infection."

   Cami nodded. "So I'm screwed?"

   "Hey, no." Audrey gave her a firm look, shaking her head. "Don't talk like that."

   Hayley nodded in agreement.  "We're going to do everything that we can." She promised her.

   "To that end, a little assistance." Elijah said as he walked in, with Vincent following closely behind him.

   The Griffith witch paused when he saw Cami, his face falling in sadness and guilt. "Cami, I'm so sorry." 

   "You should be. This is your fault." Klaus glared at him darkly, pushing to his feet and walking toward him threateningly. "It was you who turned Lucien into a beast."

   Before Klaus could lay a finger on Vincent, Elijah grabbed hold of his shoulder and stopped him getting closer. "Klaus, stop." Cami said, shaking her head. "It's not his fault."

   "Cami's right." The Marshall-Kenner hybrid agreed, giving the Mikaelson hybrid a look. "We all need to work together to fix this."

   Klaus took a deep breath and calmed down, looking thoughtful as a theory came to mind. "Yeah, yeah I think I know how to fix it. Lucien has always been obsessed with me, he made himself like me, my bite is cured by my blood." 

   "You think his blood is the cure." Audrey realized, raising a brow. "Could that work?"

   "It makes sense." Elijah admitted. "Lucien would want that power."