XI - 500 YEARS OF SOLITUDE

   "Okay, what about this one?"

   Sat cross legged on her bed, ten year old Audrey Gilbert's eyes stared at the magazine that Caroline had laid in front of her. A one night sleepover after school on Friday, had ended up turning into a weekend long affair, after both girls gave Miranda Gilbert a look she was unable to say no to. That Sunday morning, the pair were making the most of their time before Caroline had to go home, and had started a project they'd been talking about for a while. 

   "Too puffy." Audrey scrunched up her nose, making a face at the large skirted wedding dress on the page. "What about this one?" She asked, pointing to the elegant mermaid gown beside it.

   "That's pretty." Caroline mused, a look of awe in her eyes. Her eyes glanced from the picture to Audrey, and her smile grew. "You'd look like a princess in that."

   Audrey's lips twitched up. "You think so?"

   "I know so." Caroline stated, and grabbed the scissors laid beside them. Carefully, she cut out the picture of the dress, and used the glue to stick it into the open scrapbook beside them. One page was labelled Caroline's Future Wedding, while the the page beside it was labelled Audrey's Future Wedding. Underneath the word dress, she stuck the picture of the gown, patting it down. "Your prince charming will love it."

   "So will yours." Audrey grinned, as she looked at the dress they'd stuck to Caroline's page. Her eyes glanced over the words Maid of Honor, where of course, they'd both written down each others name, with a picture of them together stuck underneath. "Do you think we'll still be best friends when we get married?"

   "Duh." Caroline stated in a obvious tone. "Best friends forever, Rey." The Forbes girl swore wholeheartedly. "We'll even live next door to each other, force our husbands to be best friends, just like we are."

   "Living in the same neighborhood?"

   "Next door to one another. And have kids at the same time, so they can be best friends." Caroline carried on, her look growing brighter as she went into more detail. "Oh! Or maybe, our kids will date and we'll be related!"

   Audrey's smile brightened just like hers, both girls with a vivid picture of their entwined futures in their heads. The two girls looked at one for a moment, before they pulled each other into a tight hug, giggling as they knocked the pile of magazines they'd collected to the floor. 

   "Rey. Care." Elena Gilbert appeared in the doorway of her sisters bedroom, the two friends pulling away to look at her. "Mom said lunch is ready." 

   "We're coming." Audrey grinned at her sister. 

   Once Elena left, the two quickly put away all of their things, and tucked the scrapbook away on Audrey's bookshelf. Ready to be added to and used when the time came that they needed it.