XXXIII - THE DEVIL IS DAMNED

   "That is just not my chin, Nik. It was much more delicate." 

   "The only thing delicate about you, sister, is your ego."

   Audrey tried hide to hid her amused smile, as Elijah rolled his eyes at his siblings. Rebekah had finally found her way home in her new body, which had relieved everyone to see she was okay. Kol had trapped her in the body of witch inside the Fauline cottage, which the New Orleans witches used as an asylum for witches they deemed unsafe for society. Though everyone was glad she was back, her story of how she had escaped the cottage had added more questions to their ever growing list.

   Apparently, she'd met a girl in there who she'd originally found laid inside a coffin, hidden away inside a locked room. A girl who was now claiming to be Freya Mikaelson, the sister they all thought had died of the plague, who Esther had actually given away to Dahlia. Both Klaus and Elijah were skeptical of it, though they also knew not to write anything off entirely, especially lately.

   "Well, placed next to the behemoth size of yours, certainly!" Rebekah shot back childishly.

   Audrey finally snickered at that. "She's got your there, Nik."

   "Oh, trust you to take her side." Klaus grumbled, as Rebekah started chuckling which soon got him to laugh too. 

   "Could we dispense with this fascinating dispute for just a moment and return to the subject of our supposed long lost sister?" Elijah cut in. 

   "There's not much to discuss, Elijah." Rebekah sighed. "She said she was Freya, and then she darted off into the night."

   Elijah looked skeptical, as he folded the blanket of Hope's Audrey handed him. "And you believed her?"

   "Well, I met the girl in a mystical loony bin-- she could be anyone telling any lie." She admitted honestly. "But, she did seem... familiar, somehow."

   "Then how is she still alive?" Klaus asked in frustration, before letting out a dry laugh. "A question, as ridiculous as its possible solutions, given this family's annoying predilection for cheating death."

   "Well, did she give you any sort of hint as to how?" Audrey asked Rebekah.

   "I dunno." Rebekah answered. "I'm just telling you what she said."

   "Well, did you happen to ask, if by some similar miracle, our aunt Dahlia lives as well?" Klaus continued to question. 

   "I barely had chance to process--"

   "--Because on the list of obvious questions, it would be nice to know if the woman who placed a curse on the firstborns of this family is still breathing air!" He snapped as he cut her off.