LXXV - QUEEN DEATH

   Audrey let out a soft breath as she rolled over in bed, reaching her hand out only for it to hit the empty mattress beside her. A tired frown pulled at her lips as she opened her eyes, finding Elijah's side of the bed was empty and still made. Her frowned deepened as she sat up and looked around the room, finding the bathroom door still open and the room empty, just as she'd left it the night before.

   "Mommy!" Mira bounded into the room with a bright grin, jumping on her bed.

   It was enough to pull Audrey from her thoughts, pulling on a smile. "Good morning." She smiled, chuckling as she saw the sugar around her mouth. "Let me guess...uncle Nik was in charge of breakfast this morning."

   "Me and Hope got to try beignets." Mira nodded happily. "They were really yummy. You should come and join us, mommy. He got so many!" 

   Audrey chuckled as she stroked the stray hairs from Mira's face. "I'll be down soon, I just need to get ready." She told her, and raised a brow. "Have you seen your dad this morning?"

   Mira made a face as she shook her head. "It's just uncle Nik and aunt Hayley downstairs. I haven't seen daddy all morning."

   An uneasy feeling formed as Audrey took that in, the smile she put on for her daughter faltering. She knew Elijah, he wouldn't just disappear on her without a word to her or even to Mira.  Not catching onto her mothers worry, Mira hopped off the bed and ran back out of the room to find her cousin, and Audrey instantly got up and began to get dressed. She checked every room when she made her way downstairs, hoping she'd find him somewhere and she could put her worry to rest. 

   If he wasn't here, she knew that meant one thing, and she was trying to stop herself from considering that option.

   "I already lectured him." Hayley looked at her as Audrey walked into the courtyard, where the girls were sat at a table full of pastries with Klaus.

   "No, it's fine." She waved off, and glanced between her and Klaus. "Can we talk?" Klaus and Hayley glanced from each other to her and in confusion before nodding, the three walking away so the girls wouldn't hear them. "Have either of you seen Elijah?" She got straight to the point. "Mira said she hasn't seen him all morning."

   Klaus frowned at that. "We thought he was with you."

   She shook her head as her worry began to turn to panic, allowing her mind to travel that thought she'd been trying to ignore. "I've not seen him since he left for Marcel's last night."

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

   "That was Klaus." Hayley walked to where Audrey stood with Freya in the courtyard, slipping her phone into her pocket. "He's not at Marcel's."

   Audrey rubbed her face with her hands, shaking her head. "This isn't happening." She mumbled. "This isn't happening."

   "I'll find him." Freya promised her, looking up as she finished setting up her locator spell. Raising her hands up, she closed her eyes as she began to chant, the two mothers stepping back at they watched her. "Jälgida minu blóo mitt. Jälgida minu blóo mitt." She paused and slowly opened her eyes. "He's cloaked by magic. I can feel it."