LXXII - BAG OF COBRAS

   "I still think this is a bad idea." Audrey shook her head as she joined Klaus overlooking the courtyard, where everything was being setup for the evening ahead.

   "I don't see the problem." Klaus shrugged, glancing at her with a confident smirk.

   "You never do." Audrey shot back bluntly. "And in most of those cases, those plans come back to bite us in the ass later."

   With Marcel indefinitely contained downstairs in the dungeon, they'd decided to use this to their advantage. They were throwing a party to celebrate a truce between the Mikaelsons and Marcel, one advertised as being thrown by both parties involved, though Marcel wouldn't truly be in attendance. With most members of the cities factions going to be in attendance, it gave them an opportunity to pick out those in league with the Hollow, and find out exactly what they knew before taking care of the issue.

   While the three Mikaelson siblings had faith in the plan, Audrey wasn't as onboard. It felt like there were too many things that could go wrong, especially as there would be people who knew Marcel wasn't in on this truce charade. Vincent and Josh more than anyone. Not to mention, the idea of having any of the Hollows followers stepping foot inside the compound made her feel uneasy. 

   "All will go according to plan." The Mikaelson hybrid assured her. "Getting us one step closer to putting this dreadful business behind us for good."

   The Gilbert girl still just gave him a look, as Hayley walked into the courtyard, furrowing her brow as she looked up at the pair. "We were heading out, and now we're throwing a party? I see."

   "One that will be attended by New Orleans most influential creatures." Klaus informed with a nod.

   Hayley raised a brow as she crossed her arms. "You do realize everyone hates you?"

   "I pointed that out already." Audrey told her. "It doesn't work."

   "They love Marcel." Klaus pointed out to the pair. "And as the invite states, he is the co-host. Tonight we celebrate our truce."

   The Marshall-Kenner woman glanced at Audrey, looking for confirmation she was hearing all of this correctly. Audrey resisted the urge to snicker as she nodded, starting to make her way downstairs. "So you're throwing a fake party, in honor of a fake truce, and your guest of honor is in a dungeon?" She questioned skeptically.

   "Marcel's attendance would only complicate matters." Klaus said as he followed Audrey downstairs. "Besides I'll have my hands full weeding out those in league with the Hollow."

   Hayley just shook her head as he began to make sure everything was being setup correctly. "Have fun with that. Hope and Mira are with Mary." She looked at Audrey, stopping her before she could ask. "They're both fine. I doubt they'll have time to think of us any of us, Mary's keeping them busy and happy." She told her, which put Audrey's mind at ease. "I'm just here for Freya."