LIV - DEAD ANGELS

   A small smile tugged at Audrey's lips, as she woke up to the feeling of Elijah's arms curling around her waist, pulling her back into his chest. She rolled over to face him as she opened her eyes, pressing a soft kiss to his lips which made his own smile appear. 

   "I don't have long." He mumbled against her lips. "I must deal with Aya while Niklaus handles Camille."

   "I know." She sighed, reluctantly pulling away. "I'm going with him to meet Cami. Hayley offered to watch Mira with Hope, as with everything going on, we thought he might need someone there to keep him calm."

   "You're probably right." He nodded, stroking his fingers gently through her hair. "Are you sure you'll be alright spending the day with him?"

   Audrey nodded. "Yeah, I'll be fine. We've been getting along better lately." She admitted, before she raised a brow at him. "What's the plan with Aya?"

   "To rub a little salt in an old wound." He told her, letting out a sigh. "There's a history there."

   "You two were together." She nodded, earning a look of surprise she just shook her head at. "It wasn't hard to work out, Elijah. The looks she gives you, the clear distaste she has for me."

   He looked at her softly. "You never said anything."

   "There wasn't any need to." She shrugged honestly. "I know you. There might have been something there once, but a lot has changed since then. I know you'd never go anything to hurt me, that would hurt our daughter, and the life we're building together. I can handle a few dirty looks from her, it doesn't bother me."

   Elijah gazed at softly for a long moment, before he pulled her so she straddled his waist, his hands cupping her face gently. "I do not deserve you."

   "Sshh." She mumbled as she leaned down, pulling into a deep kiss. 

   His hands moved from her face to her waist, the two of them growing entirely lost in the heat of the moment. But before anything could go any further, a small cry came through the baby monitor, Mira alerting her parents she was awake and wanted their attention. The couple pulled apart breathlessly, both of their eyes falling on the monitor as the crying got louder.

   "I've got her." Elijah chuckled, pecking Audrey's lips once more as he sat up, before he made his way out of the room.

  By the time Audrey was ready for the day, Klaus was nowhere to be found, having already left for the cemetery to meet Cami. The Gilbert girl wasn't surprised, as Cami's recent actions had made it hard for him to listen to reason. She'd stolen the thing that put all of them at risk, just so she could reclaim her dark objects, which were the last things she needed to be worrying about now she was newly turned. She wasn't in her right mind, and her betrayal and inability to understand the damage she was doing was frustrating the hybrid.