XXIX - THE BROTHERS THAT CARE FORGOT

   "We arrive into this world as innocents. Wide eyed. Vulnerable. It is the job of our parents to nurture and protect us." Klaus said as he sat at the head of the table, looking at Finn and Kol, who sat shackled on one side of the table. Elijah and Audrey sat opposite them, the couple with their hands entwined under the table, as Elijah eyed his two now witch brothers carefully. "Unfortunately, our own parents failed miserably at even the most basic of parental tasks. But, we are not beholden to the past they created for us." He leaned forward in his seat, a smile twitching at his lips. "Today, a new future awaits. Forget your animosity toward Elijah and myself. Instead, join us against she who truly deserves your ire-- our mother." Kol rolled his eyes, as Finn just listened with a bored look. "Do this, and we will welcome you with open arms."

   "Well--" Kol paused as he reached for one of many trays of pastries, but Klaus pulls it from his reach, earning yet another eye roll.

   Klaus just smiled more. "But, if you continue to oppose us, a denial of pastries will be the least of your concerns."

   Kol let out a sigh as he looked at him. "If all you wanted was my allegiance against Mother Dearest, you should have just said so! Save me a night shackled to a wall!"

   "Yes, that was Niklaus." Elijah nodded, his free hand carefully twirling one of the knifes laid on the table. "My recommendation was to remove your limbs, one by one, until you comply."

   Klaus and Audrey glanced at one another at that, before Klaus brushed the comment off with a chuckle, rising to his feet. "We-- we have no desire to torture you." He stands behind Finn and Kol and squeezes their shoulders. "Provided you vow to stand beside us as brothers."

   Finn shrugs from his young brothers grip and looks at him skeptically. "Brothers...does that word even apply to us?" He shot back. "After all these centuries of betrayal? And, has loyalty to you ever rewarded? If so, tell me, Niklaus-- where is our sister, Rebekah?" Klaus says nothing and turns away from them, Elijah glaring at Rebekah's mention, Audrey squeezing his hand to keep him calm. "She was blindly loyal to you for a thousand years, and now? Nowhere to be found. Where did our sister go? And, how did she escape your vile machinations?" 

   "Heh! You think me vile?" Klaus chuckled, hiding any nerves he felt as he looked back at them once again. "What, then, do you make of the one who cursed us?"

   "She was trying to make you mortal again!" Finn snapped in frustration. "And, you both refused her!" He chuckled darkly. "It only proves how far you've fallen."

   "Her offer to came at the cost of our child's life." Audrey looked at him in disbelief, unable to bite her tongue. "In what dark depth of twisted mind did she think we'd ever accept that?"

   "But don't you see?" Finn leaned closer across the table. "One small life in exchange the chance to have one mortal one, with as many children as you both desire!" The Gilbert girl looked at him in disgust, as she saw just how serious he was. "But, I expect Rebekah will have a different response to her proposal. See, unlike the two of you, she always did cling to her humanity."