II - TANGLED UP IN BLUE

   Rebekah had given Audrey some hope. More worry came with it, but it was there. She'd managed to find out what Marcel had done with Elijah, along with discover what his secret weapon was. It was a witch, one who was only a teenager, who held an amount of power she had never seen before. Enough to take away Rebekah's memory of where she and Elijah where. If the witch was that powerful, it was clear Marcel had placed Elijah with her for a reason, which is what scared the Gilbert girl. She didn't want anything to happen to him before they were able to find, which Klaus had finally agreed to help do. Knowing they were discussing a plan, Audrey made her way toward the study, pausing when she found Hayley. She was sat crossed legged on the floor, a leather bound journal open in front of her, reading through the pages curiously. 

   Audrey recognized the handwriting instantly. "What's that?"

   Hayley looked up at her. "Oh, it's a journal Elijah wrote." She answered. "I found when I was looking around. I thought it might explain things a bit more." She made a face. "It kind of just covers what I already know."

   Audrey grabbed the journal, closing it instead of reading for herself. She knew how Elijah felt about keeping these types of things private. "Come on." She nodded, placing the journal away on a shelf. "I don't know about you, but I want to know what plan the others came up with." 

   Hayley didn't argue, and the two girls made their way to the study, where they found Klaus and Rebekah bickering. The blonde Mikaelson pouted at her brother. "I cannot believe you disposed of those vampires without me. You know how I love to set things on fire!"

   Klaus smirked. "Was I supposed to leave them in the front yard to rot? Besides, they were my responsibility. They attacked the helpless pregnant girl who's carrying my child."

   Rebekah rolled her eyes. "Oh, I am so moved by your new-found sense of fatherly duties towards the werewolf carrying your hybrid bun in her oven."

   "The werewolf would like to know what the plan is." Hayley piped up, making the pair glance at the two girls. 

    "Yeah, as would I." Audrey said seriously. 

   Klaus smirked once again, wrapping an arm around Audrey's shoulder to pull her close. The Gilbert girl frowned, pushing his arm off her in distaste. He withheld the urge to sigh, and kept up his smirk. "Well, that depends what plan you mean, love-- my plan for global domination, or Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel, cruel world?"

   Rebekah grabbed a pencil from the pot beside her, throwing it at her brother. Klaus looked amused, catching it with ease before it could hurt him. "The plan to rescue Elijah." Audrey gave him a flat look, snatching the pencil from his hands. "You know, your brother. The man I love who you stabbed in the back?"

   "And then placed in possession of your mortal enemy." Hayley added on. 

   "In the front, if we're being specific." He corrected in amusement.