THE TALE OF TWO WOLVES

   In the study, Marcel grabbed a bottle of whiskey and poured out two glasses each, before he turned and held one out to Elijah. He took it, looking at the Gerard man honestly. "It's been a long time since we've shared a drink together." He mused.

   Marcel couldn't help but grimace. "You're gonna need it." He muttered, taking a large swig of his.

   Elijah's face fell instantly. "I take it Davina didn't bring good news."

   "She and Freya have been holed up with spell books all week, searching for any last ideas to help Mira and Hope." Marcel told him honestly, shaking his head. "They're out of options."

   "I don't accept that." Elijah refused.

   "Look, I love those kids." Marcel told him wholeheartedly. "It's because I love them I'm telling you." He shook his head once more, stressing the honesty and regret in his tone at what he had to say. "There is no miracle fix here. Now, they might have had a little more time, but Hope's about to experience her first full moon since she triggered her curse. Every witch that we consulted is sure she won't survive the night, and the link the girls put on themselves to split the magic up but keep it whole without any of the consequences? It will take Mira down with her. Even if we break the link, the part of the magic she has in her is going to kill her."

   "Then we speak with Freya." Elijah was still in denial. "She will perform a binding spell. That's the solution."

   "A spell that powerful would only kill them faster." Marcel dismissed knowingly. "This is terminal, Elijah." Elijah fell silent, closing his eyes in pain as the words hit him. He only had a day left with his daughter. "Now we can't keep this a secret from them any longer. They need to have the chance to say goodbye, and you have to tell Mira." He said firmly. "And we both know who needs to tell Hope."

   "He won't accept it." Elijah found his voice once more, his voice shaking slightly. "I don't accept it."

   "Make him. Get your head around it." Marcel knew he couldn't sugarcoat it. "They are dying, Elijah."

   Elijah said nothing, putting his drink down and leaving the room to find his brother. He paused as he neared Mira's room, glancing inside to see her curled up in bed asleep, Grace and Elliot laid either side of her as they slept too. His gaze focused on his oldest child, a lump in his throat as he caught sight of the black veins growing along her back as she rolled over. How was he just meant to accept that she was dying? It was a fate no parent should have to accept for their child at any age, especially not a young as Mira was. She still had a whole life ahead of her that was about to be taken away.

   He turned away as he noticed his brother storm determinedly out of Hope's room, and quickly followed behind him. " Niklaus."

   "Get in the car." Klaus announced, not turning to look at him as he walked toward his office. "You and I are taking Hope and Mira on a little trip."