LXXI - I HEAR YOU KNOCKING

   With Hope and Mira now feeling better, the Mikaelsons were preparing to leave New Orleans once again. Before it was time to go, Hayley suggested they take the girls out to see Mary, and both Hope and Mira were excited at the idea of visiting their grandmother. That morning, Mira sat cross legged on her parents bed, doing her best to keep still as Audrey put her hair up into plaits. 

   "Alright, all done." Audrey mused, as she finished putting the hair tie on the end. Grabbing the small mirror from the bedside table, she held it in front of Mira, allowing her to look at her reflection. "You like?"

   "I love." Mira grinned, bobbing her head to make them bounce up and down on her shoulders. "Thank you, mom."

   "You're very welcome." Audrey smiled, and pressed a kiss to the top of her head. "Go get your shoes on, okay? We'll be leaving for the bayou soon."

   However, Mira hesitated to get up, and bit her lip as she turned to look at her mother. "Mom..." She trailed off, making Audrey look at her in concern. "The Hollow... are you sure that it's gone?"

   "Mira." Audrey gently took hold of her hands. "You don't need to worry about the Hollow, okay?"

   "It really wanted to hurt me, Hope, and those other kids." She said with an unsure look.

   "Sweetheart, listen to me." The Gilbert girl cupped her daughters face in her hands, looking at her with loving yet serious expression. "Your dad and I are never going to let anything hurt you, okay? Just like your aunt Hayley and uncle Nik are never going to let anything hurt Hope. The Hollow, all of that is over now, alright?"

   Mira stared back at her mother for a long moment, before she nodded with a small smile. "Okay, mommy."

   "That's my girl." She kissed her forehead with a small smile. "Okay, go get your shoes. I'll meet you downstairs."

   Mira nodded and got to her feet, passing Elijah on her way out of the room. "Hi, daddy. Bye, daddy." She smiled, before disappearing into the room she and Hope had been sharing.

   "Everything alright?" Elijah raised a brow.

   "Yeah..." Audrey nodded with a sigh, rubbing her face with her hands. "She was worrying about the Hollow."

   Elijah's lips pressed into a frown, glancing in the direction their daughter left in. "It appears she's not the only one." He admitted to her. "Niklaus is staying behind while we take the girls to the bayou. He wants to make sure the threat to them is truly over before we leave."

   Audrey couldn't help how her face fell. "He's worried there's still something going on?"

   "He wants to make sure there isn't." He told her honestly. "I offered to help him, but he said he can manage with just Freya."