XXV - LIVE AND LET DIE

   "Well, this is a good way to wake up." Audrey mumbled as she opened her eyes that morning, her smile growing as she felt Elijah's lips pressing to her neck. 

   "I thought it might be." He murmured, as he continued to kiss her neck before gently tilting her head, their eyes meeting as he connected their lips. "Good morning, my love."

   "Good morning." She said softly, her fingers gently grazing along his cheek. "I suppose we have to get up and face the day, don't we?"

   "Sadly, yes." He nodded, kissing the palm of her hand as he took hold of it. "However, I do believe the day can wait five minutes while I enjoy a moment with my fiancée."

   It had only been a few days since the dinner party with Esther, and Klaus had now turned his focus to locating Davina and Mikael, neither of them having been seen since the incident at Rousseau's. Hayley's focus was on getting her people out from under Esther's control, and to stop taking orders from Finn, who Audrey learned had been brought back by Esther. Placed into the body of a witch, alongside Kol, who still had yet to show his new face to any of them. Esther's offer to Hayley and Audrey had put the couple on high alert, knowing once it was clear Audrey wouldn't accept, Esther would focus her attention on the baby. Neither of them were going to let anything happen to their child, and Elijah was determined to protect the baby and Audrey at all costs. 

   "I like the sound of that." The Gilbert girl grinned, wrapping her arms around his neck as she sat up. A grin of his own appeared on Elijah's lips, as he carefully pulled her onto his lap, laying back in bed. She just gave him a bemused look, gesturing down to her stomach. "Really? Aren't I getting a little heavy for this lately?"

   "Sshh. That's nonsense." He hushed softly, kissing the tops of her hands. "You have always been beautiful to me, and you always will be. What you're doing, the life you're growing inside of you," He began, his hand resting flat on her bump with a look of awe in his eyes. "It only makes you that much more beautiful."

   "Five more months." She said, resting her hand on top of his.

   "Can't come soon enough." He let out out, gazing at her with love in his eyes. "I never thought I'd be able to have this and now...I can't imagine ever having a different future."

   "Neither can I." Leaning down and closer, she connected their lips in a kiss, resting her forehead against his as she just barely pulled away. "I love you."

   "I love you." He mumbled before he kissed her again, the pair growing completely lost in the moment. 

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

   When the couple heard the wolves had threatened Marcel and the vampires, after failing to find Klaus to get his help, the couple made their way to the Algiers. To Audrey's surprise, Elijah had taken the time to talk to Gia and apologize for his attitude, and was now a lot more willing to help the girl then had been before. So while Marcel and Josh took the other vampires out to show them how to properly defend themselves, Gia was kept back in the loft with the couple to learn from Elijah.