LX - THE DEVIL COMES HERE AND SIGHS

   Finn's death had put everyone on edge, all of them wanting to find a way to kill him, and taking precautions to make sure he couldn't harm them in the meantime. Mira and Hope were left safe with Mary in the bayou, and the compound had been placed in Freya's name, so no one could get in unless they were invited. Thanks to Hayley, they'd learned just exactly how lethal Lucien's bite was, as he'd had his venom made from each of the seven werewolf bloodline. Creating a venom strong enough to kill an Original, just like they'd witnessed, that even Klaus's blood couldn't cure.

   And no idea how to get a cure either, if there even was one.

   "You're hovering." She heard Freya sigh, as she made her way into the study.

   Klaus was in fact hovering behind her, as she sat on the floor in front of the table, sketching a draft into her grimoire. "I'm supervising." He corrected, peering over her shoulder. "How else to speed up you endeavors? Let's see?" He mused. "Perhaps I should bring Vincent here? Force him to aid you by removing his legs?"

   "Ah, yes." Audrey nodded sarcastically. "Maiming one of the few witches still on our side in this city sounds like a great idea, Nik."

   "Thank you." Freya pointed to her, rolling her eyes at her brother. "Vincent doesn't know how to kill Lucien, either. Besides, if he leaves the St. James, who knows what the Ancestors will make him do next?"

   "The Ancestors are thoroughly occupied, according to Davina, terrorizing our brother." Elijah answered as he walked into the room.

   "What a surprise!" Klaus let out. "Another day, another witch-inspired vendetta."

   "Well, Davina can take care of Kol for now. Let us focus our energies on Lucien." Elijah assured, before looking at Freya. "How do we demolish that rodent?"

   Freya let out another sigh. "I'm working on it."

   "Yes! We all have our roles to play, Elijah and Audrey can stay here and oversee whatever Freya is doing, I'm going to actually accomplish something." Klaus said with a determined look, walking toward the door.

   Elijah looked uneasy at that, quickly trying to stop him. "Brother, accomplishing something--"

   But he is cut off as Klaus loses his temper. "The time for talking is done!" He snapped in frustration, before leaving without another word.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

   After Klaus left, Freya continued to try and figure out a way to kill Lucien, with Elijah and Audrey able to do nothing but watch and wait. Drafts and drafts of her work laid scattered across the coffee table, as Elijah began to pace the room impatiently.

   "Freya, we're out of time." He reminded her.

   Freya ran a hand through her hair anxiously. "A sigil is a complicated magical symbol, weaponized and condensed to its most potent form. If I combine the right elements, we'll have a chance at stopping Lucien, and if I don't..."