LXXIII - HIGH WATER AND A DEVIL'S DAUGHTER

   "Ugh, O-positive." Elijah made a face of disgust, as he and Audrey joined Klaus in the dining room that morning. The hybrid sat at the head of the table, emptying the contents of a blood bag into a glass. "You heathen."

   "New rules." Klaus announced to them. "No blood shed in the house where our daughters sleep and play." He told them firmly, earning impressed a grateful looks from them both. He lifted the glass to take a sip, but pulled a face as he took a sniff of it, putting the glass back down. "Perhaps I'll go out for dinner."

   Audrey looked between the two Mikaelson men and rolled her eyes, taking the glass of blood herself. "Snobs. Both of you." She muttered, taking a drink without issue.

   Elijah glared toward her playfully before clearing his throat, focusing on his brother as he shook his head. "Oh, no, no, no, no." He tutted. "We have no way to know who will take Dominic's place as the Hollow's right hand. There could be any number of disciples out there." 

   "Yes, yes, yes, all who may have the means to kill us." He waved off boredly, narrowing his eyes slightly as he continued. "You know, if you hadn't been so hasty to kill him, we'd be dealing with the devil we know."

   The eldest of the pair rolled his eyes. "Spoken by the devil I know best of all."

   Audrey bit her lip to stop herself snickering, as she perched herself on the edge of the table. "Okay, sniping at one another isn't being productive." She reminded the pair. "Let's leave behaving like children to the actual children, shall we?"

   Klaus looked unimpressed but gave a small nod. "I take it you have a plan." He guessed.

   "Freya will place a barrier spell around the compound." Elijah informed him. "No one gets in or out."

   Instantly, a frown formed on the hybrids lips as he rose to his feet. "Oh, so we're to stay here while our enemies seek to resurrect this monstrosity and let me guess, you won't be confined here."

   "I have a little errand to run." Elijah answered cryptically.

   The frown Klaus wore deepened. "And while you're off cavorting all over town, I'm what? Grounded?"

   "Essentially." Elijah nodded, not looking fazed by the look he got in return. "Why don't you take out your frustration on that filthy jawbone our enemy seems so fascinated by."

   "Gladly." Klaus huffed, grumbling as he left the room. 

   The couple watched him go before Elijah turned to Audrey, kissing her softly. "I'll see you later."

   She nodded, but looked at him warily as he pulled away. "Are you sure you don't want my help?"

   "I can manage. I'll have Vincent assisting me." He assured as he rubbed her arms. "One of us should be here with Mira."