GOD'S GONNA TROUBLE THE WATER

   The Gilbert family was no stranger to death. Over the years, death seemed to just take and take, until for a while it seemed to just stop. The Mikaelsons were no strangers to it either. Over course of their long lives, they'd witnessed a lot of death. Ranging from the enemies they killed, to the loss of people they'd grown to care about deeply. It seemed that now, after years of a peace from that feeling heartache, death had once again come back to haunt both families. Slowly but surely, the blackness and muffled, distorted voices vanished for Mira Rey Mikaelson as her eyes snapped open, bolting upright from where she lay with a gasp.

   Her eyes darted around the room, taking in her surroundings as she quickly realized she was no longer at Shiloh place. One moment, Audrey and Hayley had been urging their daughters to run, and the next they saw Greta's faces before that was it. 

   "Mira?" Grace's small voice sniffled.

   Elliot swallowed hard. "Aunt Freya! She's awake!"

   Mira was able to make out she was in her siblings dorm room at school, before the door opened and Freya walked in, quickly making her way over to her niece. "Hey, hey." She said gently, sitting on the edge of the bed beside her. "You're okay. You're safe now, you and Hope both are."

   "What happened?" She immediately got to the point. "Where's my mom?"

   The remnants of the strong expression Freya had been trying to keep up for the sake of nieces and nephew faded, and grief filled her eyes. "Mira..." She began quietly, taking her hand. "I'm so sorry..."

   "Sorry? What? Freya, where--" But she was cut off as she heard her siblings, and looked to where they stood across the room, tears falling down their faces. A lump formed in the back of her throat as realization slowly began to hit her, but she shook her head in denial. "No...no, what's...where is she? I want my mom. Where's my mom?"

   Freya took a deep breath as she squeezed Mira's hand. "She's gone." She whispered out sympathetically.

   "No, but she said she'd be fine. She can't..." Mira's voice cracked, shaking her head still as she tried to stop the tears from welling up in her eyes. She shuffled back on the bed, snatching her hand away from Freya as she squeezed her fists shut, causing her fingernails to dig into her palms. But she didn't feel it, she couldn't feel anything through the numbness that was slowly engulfed her body. "She can't be gone. S--she..." Her breathing sped up rapidly and unevenly, squeezing her eyes shut.

   The lights in the room flickered as the ground began to shake. "Mira?" Elliot called out worriedly.

   Grace didn't say anything and ran over to the bed, climbing on and hugging onto her sister tightly, followed a few seconds later by Elliot. Slowly, the shaking stopped as Mira slowly looked down at the twins, who cried quietly into her shoulders as they clung onto their older sister. As much as she didn't want it to be true, one look at them forced her to face the truth of the matter. A sob escaped her lips as she wrapped arms around Grace and Elliot, crying with them as she hugged them tightly in return.