LXX - KEEPERS OF THE HOUSE

   "Our home. Once the pride of our family, now a flop house." Klaus crinkled his face in disgust as they walked into the ruined courtyard of the compound. 

   After receiving the note from Vincent, the four parents wasted no time in making the trip back to New Orleans, Hope and Mira bundled up in their mothers arms. None of them wanted to be back in New Orleans, let alone bring the girls there, but they didn't have another choice. If this was what it took to get them better, then it was a sacrifice and risk that they were willing to take for their daughters.

   "Indeed, the mighty have fallen." Elijah mumbled, his eyes resting worriedly on Mira as Audrey carried her inside.

   "Where's Vincent?" Hayley asked urgently, as they set Hope and Mira down on one of the old couches. 

   "Right here." Vincent's voice announced, walking out toward them. "Kept my word. Now the only question is whether or not you guys are gonna keep yours. As soon as I'm finished healing your kid, you got to leave the city." He warned them firmly.

   "Well, we're not gonna stay, are we?" Klaus sneered in distaste. "Your city has lost its charm."

   "Klaus!" Audrey hissed with a look.

   "What he means to say is that we're very grateful." Hayley spoke calmly as she turned to look at him. "Just help them and we'll leave."

   "Just give us what we need, and we will do so, happily." Elijah agreed, bent down at Mira's side to hold her hand.

   Vincent glanced between the four adults before he nodded. "Excuse me." He said, the parents moving out of the way as he bent down in front of the girls. Both of them were hardly awake, slowly drifting in out of consciousness the entire tripped, which only worried everyone more. "Okay." He cleared his throat and closed his eyes, and began to clap his hands in steady beat over the girls as he chanted. "Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a." He then moved and slowly placed a hand on each of their cheeks. "Nettoyer timoun sa a."

   Hope's eyes fluttered open first, looking around in confusion. "Mom?"

   "Mommy?" Mira mumbled as she rubbed her eyes. "Daddy?"

   "That's it." Vincent looked at them. "Your little girls are purified."

   "Thank you." Klaus said gratefully, letting out a breath of relief.

   The Griffith man simply pointed his finger toward him. "Now look, the only gratitude I need from any of you is seeing you leave the city."

   "Come here, sweetheart." Elijah said softly, lifting Mira up and into his arms. "You're okay." He whispered, kissing her forehead as she snuggled her head on his shoulder.

   "Go see your daddy." Hayley encouraged as she helped Hope up.

   Hope looked toward Klaus and a smile appeared, going to take a step toward him, when the loud squawk of a crow filled the air. Suddenly, a dead crow dropped to the ground in front of Hope's feet, making her gasp and jump back. More and more continued to fall around her, until they surrounded her in a circle. The Marshall-Kenner hybrid looked alarmed and quickly stepped in front of her daughter, bending down and cupping her face in her hands, keeping her eyes on her instead of the crows.